ICVSS 2013 : International Computer Vision Summer School: 3R s of Computer Vision: Recognition, Registration, Reconstruction
Call For Papers
Computer vision is the science and technology of making machines that see. It is concerned with the theory, design and implementation of algorithms that can automatically process images and videos.
The seventh edition of the International Computer Vision Summer School aims to provide both an objective and clear overview and an in-depth analysis of the state-of-the-art research in Computer Vision.
The courses will be delivered by world renowned experts in the field, from both academia and industry, and will cover both theoretical and practical aspects of real Computer Vision problems as well as examples of their successful commercialisation.
The school aims to provide a stimulating opportunity for young researchers and Ph.D. students. The participants will benefit from direct interaction and discussions with world leaders in Computer Vision. Participants will also have the possibility to present the results of their research, and to interact with their scientific peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
LIST OF SPEAKERS
• Serge J. Belongie, University of California, San Diego, USA
• Horst Bischof, Graz University of Technology, Austria
• Daniel Cremers, Technische Universität München, Germany
• Trevor Darrell, University of California, Berkeley, USA
• Irfan Essa, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
• Andrea Fusiello, Università degli Studi di Udine, Italy
• Svetlana Lazebnik, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
• Yann LeCun, New York University, USA
• Vincent Lepetit, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
• Pietro Perona, California Institute of Technology, USA
• Bernt Schiele, Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, Germany
• Jamie Shotton, Microsoft Research Cambridge, United Kingdom
• Stefano Soatto, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
• Antonio Torralba, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
• Andrea Vedaldi, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
• Roberto Cipolla, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
• Sebastiano Battiato, University of Catania, Italy
• Giovanni Maria Farinella, University of Catania, Italy
The school will be open to about 100 qualified, motivated and pre-selected candidates.
Master Students, Ph. D. students, Post-Docs, young researchers (both academic and industrial), senior researchers (both academic and industrial) or academic/industrial professionals are encouraged to apply.
The expected school fee will be in the order of 500,00 € for Master and Phd students, 700 € for other academic positions and 900 € for all the others. The fee will include all course materials, coffee breaks, bus service from Catania Airport to School Location and viceversa, WiFi Internet Connection, a guided tour to Ragusa Ibla, a social dinner and a party on the beach, a folcloristic exhibition of the Herbessus Sicilian Group Dancers, and bus service from School Location to Catania, Siracusa and Taormina at the end of the school.
Applications to attend ICVSS 2013 should be received before 31 March 2013. Applicants will receive notification of acceptance by 15 April 2013.