EWiLi 2013 : EWiLi'13, the 3rd Embedded Operating Systems Workshop
Call For Papers
Aim and Scopes:
EWiLi, the embedded operating systems workshop, aims at presenting state-of-the-art research, experimentations, significant and original realizations that focus on the design and implementation of embedded operating systems in both academic and industrial worlds.
The 3rd edition of EWiLi will take place at the ENSEEIHT engineering school in Toulouse, France.
EWiLi's two first editions were dedicated to the Embedded Linux operating system which has progressively constituted a strong alternative to proprietary and/or commercial solutions in embedded systems, whether it is deeply embedded or not, and this for many application domains, such as multimedia, telephony, transport, automotive ….
The steering committee has considered the numerous requests from potential contributors and decided to extend the scope of the workshop to all embedded operating systems. We believe that this new perimeter will make the workshop even richer.
The workshop objective is also to be a meeting place for industrial and academic actors. During the last edition that counted 80 participants, 40% came from industry.
Expected contributions include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Embedded operating systems and education
- Methods, software and tool chains
- Data management and memory hierarchy optimization
- Real-time, concurrency, scheduling and temporal performance
- File systems, storage, and I/Os in embedded operating systems
- Embedded operating systems and reconfigurable architectures
- Embedded operating systems and MPSOC
- Embedded operating systems and multicore
- Embedded operating systems and sensor networks
- Energy and power optimization in embedded operating systems
- Debug and profiling for embedded operating systems
- Case studies and application projects
- Performance evaluation and optimization
EWiLi is jointly organized with the French real-time summer school (ETR).
Consequently, submissions dealing with real-time system aspects are strongly encouraged.
EWili is featuring 2 distinguished keynote speakers for this 3rd edition:
- Dr. Joel Sherrill Director of Research and Development OAR Corporation, with a talk on RTEMS embedded operating system
- Dr. Robert Davis Senior Research Fellow in the Real-Time Systems Research Group, University of York, and a Director of Rapita Systems Ltd. with a talk on monoprocessor scheduling
Submissions & publication:
All accepted papers will be published in the ACM SIGBED Review (ISSN: 1551-3688) Special Interest Group on Embedded Systems. The special issue is planned for January 2014.
Papers should not exceed 6 pages in ACM SIG format (see http://sigbed.seas.upenn.edu/submit.html ) and should be written in English.
Submission can be made on the Easychair link that will be provided soon on the web site.
Submission deadline: 8 May 2013
Notifications to authors: 20 June 2013
Camera ready versions: 19 July 2013
Jalil BOUKHOBZA (Associate professor, Lab-STICC/ University of Western Brittany, France)
Jean Philippe DIGUET (DR CNRS, Lab-STICC/University of South Brittany, France)
Pierre FICHEUX (CTO, Open Wide / OS4I, France)
Frank SINGHOFF (Professor, Lab-STICC/ University of Western Brittany, France)