SLaTE 2013 : Speech and Language Technology in Education
Call For Papers
Call for papers
• Short papers: 2-pages length
• Full papers: between 4 and 6 pages length.
Accepted full papers will be considered either for an oral presentation, or for a poster presentation. All accepted short-papers will be considered only for a poster presentation.
Call for demonstrations
Demonstration sessions will provide researchers, technologists, and practitioners from academia and industry, the opportunity to demonstrate their latest systems and interact with the conference attendees in an informal setting. Demonstration proposal will be submitted by means of a 1-page paper, which will be peer-reviewed. At least one author of each accepted submission must register for and attend the conference, and demonstrate the system during the demonstration sessions.
Call for experience sharing sessions
We intend to organise experience sharing sessions to promote the exchange of practical experience or tools on specific subject, e.g. educational software for language learning, practical methods for pronunciation training, etc. Proposals should be sent to the organizers before March 2013.
The workshop welcomes all topics related to speech and language technology for education (SLaTE).
This includes, but is not limited to, the following topics:
• Speech technology for first and second language learning and acquisition
• Natural language processing for education
• Spoken dialogue systems for education
• Applications using speech and/or natural language processing for education
• Intelligent tutoring systems using speech and natural language
• Development of language resources for SLaTE applications
• Assessment and user studies of SLaTE methods and applications
• Research on first and second language
• Theoretical and methodological issues in SLaTE
• Pronunciation pedagogy and phonetic correction
• Use of speech synthesis for language learning
• Serious games in SLaTE
• Language learning and disability
• Speech and Language Technology for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Maths)
Formatting your paper
All papers must be formatted according to the Interspeech 2013 paper kit.
Submitting your paper
Papers must be submitted via the online submission system (coming soon) before April 8, 2013.
Notification of paper acceptance will be sent on June 3, 2013. At least one author of an accepted paper must be registered by the early registration deadline of June 21, 2013, or the paper will be withdrawn and not published in the proceedings.