DiPP 2013 : International Conference on Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage
Call For Papers
"Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage" - DiPP2013
September 18 - 21, 2013
Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
CALL FOR PAPERS
The third international conference on Digital Presentation and Preservation of Cultural and Scientific Heritage - DiPP2013 aims at presenting innovations, research projects and applications in the field of digitisation, documentation, archiving, representation and preservation of global and national tangible and intangible cultural and scientific heritage.
The main focus is to provide open access to digitised cultural heritage and to set up sustainable policies for its continuous digital preservation and conservation. The priority area is the digital presentation and preservation of cultural and historical objects under conditions of risk, including those from the Veliko Tarnovo region. The forum will demonstrate innovative technologies and prototypes, including digital repositories, digital archives, virtual museums and digital libraries, which result from established practices and achievements in the field. Representatives will be invited to participate and exchange experiences, ideas, knowledge and best practices of the field from a number of public and specialised libraries, museums, galleries, archives, centres, both national and foreign research institutions and universities. Special attention will be given to the session "Veliko Tarnovo region - a candidate for European capital of culture 2019", which will present the initiative to promote the region on the European and international cultural scene.
* Session "Veliko Tarnovo region - a candidate for European capital of culture 2019"
* UNESCO regional consultation "Open access to scientific information and research ? concept and policies" (September 2012, Minsk) participants workshop
* Demonstration sessions and an exhibition of digital libraries and repositories preserving national cultural and scientific heritage
* A discussion forum on issues of the promotion of the free flow of ideas and universal access to cultural and scientific information and issues of digital presentation and preservation of cultural objects under conditions of risk
* A national information day on "Open access to scientific information".
Working Language of the Conference: English
Programme Committee: Announced on the DiPP2013 Website
Principal Organiser: Institute of Mathematics and Informatics, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, 8, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., Website: http://www.math.bas.bg, phone +359 2 870 1072, fax:+359 2 971 3649, e-mail: email@example.com
Co-Organisers: Veliko Tarnovo Municipality, Regional Museum of History (Veliko Tarnovo), Regional Public Library ?P. R. Slaveykov? (Veliko Tarnovo)
Hosts of the Event: Regional Museum of History (Veliko Tarnovo), Regional Public Library ?P. R. Slaveykov? (Veliko Tarnovo)
DiPP2013 Conference: September 18 ? 21, 2013
Submission of Papers and Demos: June 15, 2013
Submission of Proposals for Workshops/Tutorials: June 5, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: July 16, 2013
Submission of Final Versions: July 25, 2013
Authors are invited to submit original, unpublished research and project papers that are not (and will not be) simultaneously under consideration for publication elsewhere. General areas of interests include (but are not limited to) the following topics:
* Digital libraries, e-archives, repositories, virtual museums, e-exhibitions and encyclopaedias of cultural heritage
* Virtual reconstructions and interactive multimedia solutions for museums, theatres, concert halls, exhibitions
* Restoration and preservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage
* Acceleration and facilitation of the sharing and exchange of research data
* Issues of the protection of intellectual property
* Documentation, visualisation and interaction in museums and archives
* e-Infrastructures for digitised scientific heritage. Open access to digitised cultural and scientific heritage
* Digital libraries and aggregators for transfer of digitised wealth within the European and global digital environment (incl. European digital library ? Europeana, EuDML, etc.)
* Semantic processing of cultural heritage knowledge. Techniques for extracting digital data and knowledge
* Use, efficiency and design of interfaces for applications in cultural heritage. Multilingualism
* Interactive systems in cultural and creative industries. Social games. Digital storytelling in cultural heritage
* Digital Humanities
* Educational applications of digital libraries with cultural and scientific content
* Digitalisation of cultural heritage and economics of cultural tourism
Submissions of the following types are envisaged:
Full papers (8-10 pages); Short papers (6 pages) and Project papers (6 pages)
All research papers must be written in English and follow the formatting guidelines of Springer?s Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), available at: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0. Authors should clearly indicate the topic/s and the type of the contribution. Papers must be submitted in DOC as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. All papers will be peer-reviewed by at least two members of the program committee. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, significance, soundness, and clarity. At least one author should attend the conference to present the paper.
Demos, Demonstrations and Exhibitions
Memory institutions (e.g., public and specialized libraries, museums, galleries, archives, and community centres), research institutions and universities are invited to demonstrate their digital content management systems, digital archives, libraries and repositories preserving national cultural and scientific heritage during demonstration sessions. Proposals for participation must be submitted in free text format as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
For General Information:
Desislava Paneva-Marinova (Conference Secretary)
Institute of Mathematics and Informatics at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
1113 Sofia, 8, Acad. G. Bonchev Str., room 271, phone: +359 2 979 2874
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com