SPRINGER-SI-CVS 2013 : Special Issue on
Call For Papers
Special Issue - Computing and Visualization in Science
Remote Visualization in Science: theory and applications
Remote visualization proved to play a key role in several research fields and the advent of consumer devices such as smart-phones, tabletPCs and PDAs with high resolution displays and large bandwidth network connections opens new existing and challenging scenarios.
These devices enable an ubiquitous access to a potentially unlimited range of applications and the remote visualization is the essential paradigm to support effective visualization on this class of devices. Moreover, the virtualization of graphics resources (specialized video adapters) within cloud architectures is another important input to the design and implementation of efficient and flexible remote visualization algorithms.
The objective of this Special Issue is to invite high state-of-art research contributions, tutorials, and position papers that address the broad challenges of integrating remote visualization and new media technologies into everyday devices. Original papers describing completed and unpublished work not currently under review by any other journal/magazine/conference/special issue are solicited.
Topics of primary interests include, but are not limited to:
- Low latency remote visualization solutions for interactive visualization
- Remote visualization schemas for network bandwidth optimization
- Analysis of QoS and QoE in remote visualization
- Image-based techniques for remote visualization
- User centric remote visualization
- Distributed and cloud architectures supporting remote visualization
- Applications and case studies
All the papers should be full journal length versions and follow the guidelines set out by Computing and Visualization in Science (http://www.springer.com/math/cse/journal/791). Manuscripts should be submitted online by using the Online Manuscript Submission, Review and Tracking System for the journal Computing and Visualization in Science: https://www.editorialmanager.com/cavs/
After the login, authors have to select an article type. In the drop down menu "Choose Article Type" authors should choose the option "Special Issue: Remote Visualization".
Important Dates (tentative)
- Submission of paper: April 15, 2013 (extended!)
- First-round acceptance notification: June 30, 2013
- Revision: August 31, 2013
- Final decision: October 15, 2013
- Publication of special issue: Spring 2014
- Andrea Sanna, Dipartimento di Automatica e Informatica, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (email@example.com)
- Fabrizio Lamberti, Dipartimento di Automatica e Informatica, Politecnico di Torino, Italy (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any question concerning full paper submissions please contact guest Editors.