WTM 2013 : Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory (WTM 2013)
Call For Papers
Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory (WTM 2013)
Prague, Czech Republic, April 14, 2013
Co-located with EuroSys 2013 (http://eurosys2013.tudos.org)
- Submission deadline: February 20, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: March 1, 2013
AIMS AND SCOPE
The Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory (WTM) is a forum for researchers and practitioners addressing the new challenges of concurrency in the cloud and many-core era. Transactional Memory (TM) is a promising technology that aims at making parallel programming more productive and programmer friendly by providing an alternative to traditional lock-based concurrency. Intensive research on TM has recently led to hardware TM implementations on major commodity high-performance microprocessors and to TM support for the world's leading open source compiler.
The Euro-TM Workshop on Transactional Memory welcomes work-in-progress snapshots for this period of maturing TM research.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Language and compiler support for TM and other synchronization primitives
- TM semantics
- Consistency and memory models for TM
- TM correctness and performance, testing, analysis and debugging
- Distributed TM, replication and reliability
- Scalability in large-scale many-cores and cloud systems
- Hardware support for TM
- OS/runtime support for contention management and transaction scheduling
- TM applications and benchmarks
The workshop will consist of short presentations. To facilitate later submission to other venues, WTM will not have published proceedings.
Please submit a 400 word plain text abstract describing your research-in-progress at EasyChair (https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wtm2013). The submissions will be evaluated by the Program Committee.
REGISTRATION, GRANTS AND OTHER ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
The WTM 2013 is a Euro-TM Cost Action initiative, supported by the European Commission (http://www.eurotm.org/action-meetings/wtm2013).
- Registration for WTM is mandatory but free. Further information on registration is available at WTM web page.
- Euro-TM can provide financial support for travel and accommodation costs, as by COST regulations. See WTM web site for more informations and instructions on how to apply.
- Euro-TM members who attend *exclusively* the Euro-TM WTM, will not need to register to the Eurosys workshops or conference.
- Local Organizer: Wolfgang Karl, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
- Program Chair: Joao Lourenço, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Program Committee:
Pascal Felber, University of Neuchatel
Tim Harris, Oracle Labs
Wolfgang Karl, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Gilles Muller, INRIA/LIP6
Luis Rodrigues, IST/INESC-ID Lisbon
Paolo Romano, IST/INESC-ID Lisbon
Marc Shapiro, INRIA/LIP6
Osman Unsal, Barcelona Supercomputing Center