INFSOF - SI: Performance 2013 : Information and Software Technology - Special issue on Performance in Software Development
Call For Papers
Call for Papers
Information and Software Technology, Special issue on Performance in Software Development
Software development industry becomes increasingly interested in measuring performance of the organizations in their mission to develop and maintain stand-alone or embedded software products. In an era where outsourcing is a viable alternative to in-house software development, the options of quantifying performance of organizations appeals to managers of software organizations and technical leaders of software products. This appeal is triggered by the fact that the performance of software development and maintenance organizations consists of a number of elements, for example cost efficiency, innovation, and product quality.
This special issue solicits papers exploring the theory and/or practice of performance in software development and maintenance organizations. The topics solicited include, but are not limited to:
• Managerial, technical and social aspects of measuring performance of software organizations
• Business aspects of organizational performance measurement
• Agile and Lean software development and its impact on organizational performance
• Performance of software development teams and organizations
• Performance of R&D in software organizations
• Ability to continuously satisfy customer demands
• Corporate performance management of software development organizations, teams and supply chains
• Impact of standardization on operational performance
• Visualization of organizational performance and its patterns
• Case studies and experiments of how techniques/methods/technologies influence organizational performance and how it is measured
Submission deadline: April 5th, 2013
Notification of first decision: June 15th, 2013
Special issue: Fall 2013 or early 2014.
The Editor-in-Chief and the Guest Editors will make the final decision to accept or reject a submission based on the journal review process. Submissions must be written in English and submitted according to regular standards of the journal (including having structured abstracts) via the Elsevier Editorial System (EES) at http://ees.elsevier.com/infsof. To ensure the manuscripts are correctly submitted to this special issue, please select “IS: Performance in software development” as the “Article Type”. Authors should aim at papers of approximately 20 pages following the instructions available at the journal website. The submissions must not be published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
* Guest Editors *
Dr. Miroslaw Staron, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
Prof. Jörgen Hansson, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
Prof. Jan Bosch, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden