PARC-HRI 2013 : Probabilistic Approaches for Robot Control in HRI
Call For Papers
WORKSHOP CALL FOR PAPERS
HRI-2013 Workshop on Probabilistic Approaches for Robot Control in HRI
CONFERENCE: 8th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI-2013)
LOCATION: National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan), Tokyo, Japan
* Intent to submit: Sunday, January 6, 2013 (requested, but not required)
* Submission deadline: Sunday, January 20, 2013
* Notification: Sunday, January 27, 2013
* Camera-ready deadline: Sunday, February 3, 2013
* Workshop: Sunday, March 3, 2013
The objective of this half day workshop is to discuss the application of probabilistic approaches to further enable robot autonomy in HRI, as well as address the shortcomings and necessary improvements in current techniques needed for robust socially intelligent behavior. This workshop will investigate the use of probabilistic approaches, such as Bayesian networks and Markov models, for robust robot control and decision-making under uncertainty. Target applications range from social behavior primitives—such as gesture, eye gaze, and spacing—to higher-level interaction planning and management systems.
Under the focus of probabilistic approaches to sociable robot control, the workshop invites submissions describing original work, either completed or still in progress, related to one or more of the following topics:
* Social content and behavior planning
* Behavior realization and control for sociable robots
* Models for natural communication dynamics
* Knowledge-based and data-driven approaches to social behavior understanding
* Numeric representations of human state
* Online learning and user adaptation
* Situatedness within social/environmental contexts
* Interaction frameworks and architectures for human-robot interaction
The organizers request (but do not require) that prospective authors please send an intent to submit to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting a full contribution; this will help the organizers plan for the review process. This should include (a) a list of prospective authors, (b) a tentative submission title, (c) a few sentences about the submission.
Workshop contributions should be submitted via e-mail to hri2013ws.parc(at)gmail(dot)com.
If a submission exceeds 10MB, the file should be made available online and a URL should be provided.
Submitted papers should be 4-6 pages in length in PDF format, and should conform to the IEEE publication guidelines. For templates and examples, follow the link: http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.
* Amin Atrash, University of Southern California (email@example.com)
* Ross Mead, University of Southern California (firstname.lastname@example.org)