CLEF 2013 : Conference and Labs of the Evaluation Forum
Conference Series : Cross-Language Evaluation Forum
Call For Papers
We invite submissions for the CLEF 2013 Conference on all aspects of Information Access in any modality and language. A series of workshops presenting the results of lab-based comparative/competitive evaluations are attached to the main Conference. This is the 14th edition of the CLEF initiative as a forum for Information Access Evaluation with special attention to multimodality and multilinguality.
All submissions to the CLEF main conference will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance, and clarity. The conference proceedings will be published in the Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
Relevant topics for the CLEF 2013 Conference include but are not limited to:
- Information Access in any language or modality: Information retrieval, Image Retrieval, Question Answering, Search Interfaces and design, infrastructures, etc.
- Visual Analytics for Information Retrieval: theoretical and practical results in the Visual Analytics field that are specifically targeted for Information Access data analysis.
- Evaluation initiatives: Conclusions, lessons learned, impact and projection of any evaluation initiative after completing their cycle.
- Evaluation: methodologies, metrics, statistical and analytical tools, component based, user groups and use cases, ground-truth creation, impact of multilingual/multicultural/multimodal differences, etc.
- Technology transfer: Economic impact/sustainability of information access approaches, deployment and exploitation of systems, market studies, etc.
Authors are invited to submit electronically original papers, which have not been published and are not under consideration elsewhere, using the LNCS proceedings format:
Two types of papers are solicited:
. Long papers: 12 pages max. Aimed to report complete research works.
. Short papers: 6 pages max. Position papers, new evaluation proposals, developments and applications, etc.
Papers will be peer-reviewed by at least 3 members of the program committee. Selection will be based on originality, clarity, and technical quality. Papers should be submitted in PDF format to the following address:
- Submission of Papers: April 28 2013
- Notification of Acceptance: June 15 2013
- Camera Ready: June 30 2013
- Conference: September 23-26 2013
Paolo Rosso, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain Benno Stein, Bauhaus-Universität Weimar, Germany
Henning Müller, HES-SO, Sierre, Switzerland Roberto Paredes, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Evaluation Lab Chairs
Roberto Navigli, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy Dan Tufis, RACAI, Romania
Pamela Forner, CELCT, Italy
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Centro de Formación Permanente,
- Enrique Flores, Parth Gupta, and Mauricio Villegas