BSSSP 2013 : Special Session on - Biometric Security and Sensory Signal Processing
Call For Papers
Special Session on - Biometric Security and Sensory Signal Processing
Aims and Objectives:
Biometrics has the capability to identify or verify each and every individual correctly by using physiological (face, fingerprint, iris, palmprint, ear, retina, footprint, gait, DNA, etc.) or behavioral characteristics (signature, voice, etc.) possessed by the user. This does not require any other means of possession-based and knowledge-based identification substance or token that may cause the security susceptible to attack when an unauthorized person needs to gain access to a restricted area or security zone by altering user information provided in token. These substances or tokens such as various security tags or identification cards may be stolen or forgotten and as a result malicious users take advantage of it through unauthorized entry to the highly security areas. As opposed to these systems, cutting-edge biometrics-based identification systems offer higher security to gain competitive advantages over conventional identification systems. The need of biometrics systems is increasing in day-to-day activities and due to that novel methods are evolving rapidly and boosting the biometric research in new directions. The special session will serve as a platform to cover the advanced topics and approaches of biometric systems and technologies.
Topic of Interest:
Only original and unpublished high quality research papers are solicited from the academicians, researchers and industry practitioners on traditional and advanced topics of biometrics. Recommended topics include but are not limited to the following:
• Face, fingerprint, iris, palm, hand geometry, ear, gait, retina, DNA, footprint, dental biometrics, etc.
• Feature extraction, pattern classification, matching techniques for biometrics algorithms
• Biometrics systems for border control security
• Biometrics systems for verification and identification
• Database indexing techniques for biometrics systems
• Protocols, cryptography, biometric standards for biometrics systems
• Security and reliability assessment for biometrics systems
• Online and offline biometric systems
• Performance assessment and resource computation in biometrics systems
• Multi-classifiers fusion and score weighting schemes in biometrics
• Machine vision and soft computing techniques in biometrics fusion
• Match score level, feature level, rank level, sensor level fusions for biometrics systems
• Feature quality improvements, feature update, feature matching in biometrics
• Adaptive biometric systems
• Biometrics template security
• Biometrics in affective computing
• Emotion Recognition
• Action units recognition in biometric systems
• Extended features in biometrics
• Recognition at distance
• Biometrics alteration
• Heterogeneous biometrics systems
• Avatar recognition
• Age invariant biometrics recognition
• Matching sketch to photos
• Soft biometrics
1. The authors must use word template linked here or latex template linked here for preparing the manuscript. The authors should strictly adhere to the format specified in the templates. The manuscript size must be 4-10 pages including all text, figures, tables and references. The figures in the manuscript should be of good resolution (600dpi or more). Articles containing less than three or more than ten pages will be outright subjected to rejection without further review. An accepted paper having length more than 8 pages will be subjected to extra registration fee (details in registration page).
2. The authors need to submit the pdf manuscript file along with the source file(s) for consideration for review.
3. The conference management team will reply back the authors on receiving a manuscript. An unique ID will be given to the manuscript. The authors should post any further communication mentioning the ID.
4. The authors have to submit the manuscript through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title the mail as "Manuscript Submission : (Title of the manuscript)".
Please mention Title of the article, name(s) of the author(s), No. of pages in the manuscript in the e mail.
Full Paper Submission: February 25, 2013
Notification of Acceptance: March 15, 2013
Author Registration: April 20, 2013
Camera Ready Paper Submission: May 25, 2013
Listener/Attendee Registration: June 1, 2013
Conference Dates: June 12–14, 2013
Dr. Dakshina Ranjan Kisku,
Asansol College of Engineering, India
All selected papers under this special session will be published in the conference proceedings by Advances in Intelligent and Soft-Computing, Springer and indexed by ISI Proceedings, DBLP, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, Zentralblatt Math, MetaPress, Springerlink.
Extended and revised versions of few selected excellent papers under this special session will appear in special issue of International Journal of Biometrics (IJBM), Inderscience Publishers (Confirmed).
Guest Editors for the special issue:
Dr. Dakshina Ranjan Kisku, Asansol College of Engineering, India
Dr. Badrinath G. Srinivas, Samsung Electronics, India.
Inquiries can be forwarded to the following e-mail ids: