EuroITV 2013 : 11th European Interactive TV Conference
Conference Series : European Conference on Interactive TV
Call For Papers
** CALL FOR PAPERS
** EuroITV 2013: Thinking Outside the Box
** 11th European Interactive TV Conference
** June 24-26 2013, Como, Italy
EuroITV is the leading international conference for media and interaction related to video and television.
During the past years, new technologies brought tremendous change to the TV industries by shifting the value control point from distribution to consumption. This year's theme "Thinking Outside the Box" is a stimulus to explore how these changes might affect television, by exploring new perspectives and leveraging cross-domain synergy.
Researchers and practitioners from all over the world meet to discuss latest advances in media technology, HCI, systems & technology, media studies, personalization and recommender systems, and content creation community.
We invite original, high quality papers submissions addressing how digital technologies open up new ways of consumption and interaction with rich-media content.
The main conference proceedings will be published by ACM (pending approval). Selected papers will be short-listed for submission to special edition journals.
This year’s conference consists of four tracks - each with its own program committee and separate track chairs. Full and short papers have to be submitted in one of these tracks, to optimize the review process.
If not sure, choose the track, which is closest to the main topic of your submission, and of which you feel that community is most appropriate to review your work. More details on each track can be found on the website.
Track 1: Human-Computer Interaction
Track 2: Systems and Enabling Technologies
Track 3: Content, Media & Interactive Media Art
Track 4: Media, Social and Business Studies
** TOPICS OF INTEREST **
- Beyond the home context, extended home, Mobile TV
- Ambient intelligence, ambient media environments
- Social TV, sociability, usability and user experience
- Digital content production, HDTV and digital cinema
- Asset management, metadata and content enrichment
- Entertainment computing, games, betting, game shows
- Broadband and IPTV
- 3DTV and VR systems
- Audience research, ethnography, user studies
- New advertising and revenue models for television
- Accessibility, universal access, multimodal interaction
- Business models, media management, media economics, t-commerce, t-learning
- Web2.0, user-generated content
- Communication services, video conferencing, messaging
- Content management, digital rights management
- Interactive storytelling, interactive advertising
- Electronic program guide, video search, video navigation
- Enhanced TV (news, weather, sports)
- Changes in technical requirements and infrastructures (ubiquitous and mobile)
- Standards (TV-Anytime, MPEG-4, MPEG-7, SMIL)
- Multimedia, graphics, broadcast and video technology
- Recommender systems, user modeling, intelligent user interfaces
- Ethical, regulatory and policy issues
** IMPORTANT DATES **
Workshop & Tutorial Proposals
- Submission: December 14th, 2012
- Notification: January 14th, 2013
Paper, Demo, Doctoral Consortium & Industrial Papers
- Submission: February 1st, 2013
- Notification: March 15th, 2013
The main proceedings will be published by ACM, and be made available in the ACM Digital Library (pending approval). Extended versions of selected papers will be considered for a special issue in a journal.
** COMMITTEE **
- Paolo Paolini, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Paolo Cremonesi, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- George Lekakos, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Matteo Picozzi, Politecnico di Milano
- Politecnico di Milano, Italy - http://www.polimi.it
Send any inquiry about the conference to: