PTBMS Track - EMSS 2013 : Track on Petri Nets Based Modelling and Simulation - EMSS 2013
Call For Papers
Call For Papers
Petri Nets based Modeling and Simulation
Track at the European Modeling and Simulation Symposium (http://www.msc-les.org/conf/emss2013/)
Extended Abstracts, April 15th 2013
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2013
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2013
Petri nets (PN) as a base for modelling and simulation (M&S) constitute a combination in constant development, based on advances in computing and in the development of different artificial intelligence techniques; but this advance opens up new lines of research aimed at achieving the new opportunities that appear, demanded from both the scientific community, as a base for other issues, and from industry, as a natural way of development towards efficiency and competitiveness.
Petri nets constitute a well-known formal paradigm for modelling, simulation, analysis and optimization of the dynamic systems that can be seen as discrete, with different interpretations (autonomous, timed, stochastic, …) and abstraction levels (ordinary, generalized, coloured, …). Their double interpretation, graphic/mathematical, allows developing efficiently not only the modelling and simulation of complex concurrent discrete systems, such as production or logistic industrial systems, but also their performance analysis. Much effort has been devoted to formal analysis techniques in PN, which represent a solid theoretical basis that can be applied to industrial systems (state space exploration, model reduction, graph based techniques, mathematical programming, …). But not always these formal techniques can be applied to models in practice, and then simulation can be a powerful tool in order to improve and optimize the system.
Thus, the main topic of this track is the contribution to M&S in Industry through Petri nets based modelling and simulation (at different interpretations and abstraction levels) and the knowledge and optimization of discrete event dynamic systems.
Overall objectives of the track
· To gather and to present original papers concerning the use of the variety of formalisms that constitute PN for modelling, simulation and optimization of discrete event systems.
· To propose hybrid approaches, which combine simulation and analytical techniques, to develop efficient methodologies oriented to improve and optimize discrete event systems modelled with PN.
· To analyze the combination of artificial intelligence techniques with PN modelling and simulation
· To identify and publish worldwide methodologies and practices regarding development and use of simulation-based techniques and algorithms in PN models.
· To demonstrate the application potential of PN and related modelling, simulation and optimization methodologies in solving various practical problems.
· Petri nets for modelling, analysis, simulation and optimization of discrete systems.
· Theory and applications of different Petri net formalisms: discrete, continuous and hybrid, coloured, stochastic, ...
· Development of techniques and tools for simulation of PN systems.
· Researching advances over state space exploration, continuization, hybrid systems, ...
· PN in Industry and business: manufacturing systems, factory automation, transportation and logistic systems, business models, supply chains, ...
· Practical experience and industrial trial: Computer tools for PN, benchmarks, tutorials, case studies, ...
· Any other additional topic concerning Modelling and Simulation with Petri Nets.
Authors are kindly invited to include in their papers and presentations all the research works, case studies and application both theoretical and applied.
Detailed information is available on the official conference webpage: http://www.msc-les.org/Conf/EMSS2013/index_file/EMSS_AuthorsInstructions.htm
For further details please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org