ADS Track - EMSS 2013 : Track on Agent Directed Simulation - EMSS 2013
Call For Papers
Call For Papers
Agent Directed Simulation
Track at the European Modeling and Simulation Symposium (http://www.msc-les.org/conf/emss2013/)
Extended Abstracts, April 15th 2013
Acceptance Notification, May 15th 2013
Camera Ready Papers, June 15th 2013
The purpose of ADS session is to facilitate dissemination of the most recent advancements in the theory, methodology, application, and toolkits of agent-directed simulation. Agent-directed simulation is comprehensive in the integration of agent and simulation technology, by including models that use agents to develop domain-specific simulations and by also including the use of agent technology to develop simulation techniques and toolkits that are subsequently applied, either with or without agents. Hence, agent-directed simulation consists of three distinct, yet related areas that can be grouped under two categories as follows:
1. Simulation for Agents (agent simulation): simulation of agent systems in engineering, human and social dynamics, military applications etc.
2. Agents for Simulation (which consists of two group activities): (1) agent-supported simulation deals with the use of agents as a support facility to enable computer assistance in problem solving or enhancing cognitive capabilities; and (2) agent based simulation focuses on the use of agents for the generation of model behavior in a simulation study.
Technical and position papers are solicited on the theory, methodology, technology, tools, toolkits, and environments as well as applications. Topics include, but are not limited to the following areas:
· High-level agent specification languages for modeling and simulation.
· Agent programming and simulation modeling languages.
· Distributed simulation for multi-agent systems.
· Formal models of agents and agent societies.
· Advanced agent features for agent simulation.
· Cooperation modeling with holonic agents.
· Agent with personality, agents with dynamic personality, agent with emotions, agents having different types of intelligence such as emotional intelligence, agents with several types of understanding abilities such as multi-vision understanding ability, trustworthy agents, moral agents.
· Verification, validation, and testing of agent-directed simulations.
2. Technology, tools, toolkits, and environments:
· Agent infrastructures and supporting technologies (e.g., interoperability, agent-oriented software engineering environments).
· Modeling, design, and simulation of agent systems based on service-oriented technologies, pervasive computing, web-services, grid computing, autonomic computing, ambient intelligence.
· Agent architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
· Standard APIs for agent simulation programming.
· Simulation modeling of agent technologies at the organization, interaction (e.g., communication, negotiation, coordination, collaboration) and agent level (e.g., deliberation, social agents, computational autonomy).
· Application of agent simulations in various areas such as biology, business, commerce, economy, engineering, environment, individual, group, and organization behavior, management, simulation gaming/training, social systems.
Detailed information is available on the official conference webpage: http://www.msc-les.org/Conf/EMSS2013/index_file/EMSS_AuthorsInstructions.htm
For further details please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org