ECMS 2013 : 27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation
Call For Papers
* Apologies for potential cross-posting *
27TH EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON MODELLING AND SIMULATION (ECMS 2013)
Dear fellow researchers in areas involving modelling, simulation, and its applications,
We would like to cordially invite you to join us for the
27th European Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ECMS 2013),
to be held on
May 27 - May 30 at Aalesund University College (AAUC), Norway.
Please forward this information colleagues and research networks.
* Conference Chair: Associate Professor and Prorector, Webjørn Rekdalsbakken, AAUC
* Conference Co-Chair and Programme Chair: Associate Professor Robin T. Bye, AAUC
* Programme Co-Chair: Professor Houxiang Zhang, AAUC
Please visit http://ecms2013.hials.no/keynote-speakers for details on keynote speakers and abstracts.
ECMS 2013 features outstanding researchers in their fields as keynote speakers:
* Stephen Grossberg, Wang Professor of Cognitive and Neural Systems, Professor of Mathematics, Psychology, and Biomedical Engineering, and Founding Director of the Center for Adaptive Systems, and the Center of Excellence for Learning in Education, Science, and Technology, Boston University, Boston, USA
* May-Britt Moser, Professor and Founding Director at the Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience and Centre for the Biology of Memory, NTNU, Trondheim, Norway
* Peter D. Neilson, Associate Professor, Senior Visiting Fellow, and Founding Director of the Neuroengineering Laboratory, School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, UNSW, Sydney, Australia
* Megan D. Neilson, Lecturer, Researcher, and Founding Director of the Neuroengineering Laboratory, School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications, UNSW, Sydney, Australia
* Sigal Berman, Lecturer, Researcher and Head of the Intelligent Systems M.Sc. track in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Management, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Please visit http://ecms2013.hials.no/call-for-papers to download the call for papers.
We welcome paper submissions on all aspects of modelling and simulation, including theoretical and applied research.
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings. In addition, a small selection of high quality papers across all conference tracks may be published in well-known international journals.
All submitted papers will be evaluated for the Best Conference Paper Award, and Best Student Paper Award.
For details on deadlines, submissions, and fees, visit http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2013/deadlines.html
The deadline for the full paper submission is February 15th, 2013.
Please visit http://ecms2013.hials.no/conference-tracks for a complete listing of track description and chairs.
We now offer a variety of 16 tracks, including many of the traditional tracks but also many new ones.
ESE - Simulation, Experimental Science and Engineering in Maritime Operations (new chairs and different scope with maritime focus)
MSRA - Modeling and Simulation in Robotic Applications (new)
NEUROSIM - Simulation and Computational Neuroscience (new)
SIMO - Simulation and Optimization (new)
SIMVIS - Modeling and Simulation in Computer Vision for Image Understanding (new)
SOCINT - Simulation of Social Interaction (new)
SVT - Simulation and Visualization for Training and Education (new)
ABS - Agent-Based Simulation
CSM - Simulation of Complex Systems and Methodologies
FES - Finance, Economics and Social Science
HIPMOS - High Performance Modelling and Simulation
IBS - Simulation in Industry, Business and Services
IS - Simulation of Intelligent Systems
LT - Discrete Event Modelling and Simulation in Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain Management
MCT - Modelling, Simulation and Control of Technological Processes
PM - Policy Modelling
The European Conference on Modelling and Simulation (ECMS) is the international conference dedicated to help define the state of the art in the field. For several years, ECMS has proven to be an outstanding forum for researchers and practitioners from different fields involved in creating, defining and building innovative simulation systems, simulation and modelling tools and techniques, and novel applications for modelling and simulation.
The local organizers and ECMS are very happy to announce an exciting programme that includes guided tours of the world's most advanced offshore simulator and world-renowned invited keynote speakers, thanks to financial support from local companies such as Rolls-Royce Marine, Offshore Simulator Centre, and Farstad shipping.
Please visit http://www.visitalesund-geiranger.com for travel information about Ålesund and the nearby UNESCO world heritage site Geirangerfjord.
The town of Ålesund is beautifully situated on several islands on the coast of Sunnmøre, and is the gateway to some of the world's most famous fjords and natural attractions. The town has a strong and vibrant history, dating back to the Viking era, even though it was not granted municipal status until 1848. After being devastated in an enormous fire on January 23rd 1904, Ålesund was rebuilt in the Art Nouveau style that characterizes the town today with its many turrets, ornaments and colourful facades. The town mountain Aksla has got a spectacular panoramic view of the Sunnmøre Alps, the town centre, the ocean and the islands in the archipelago. Today Ålesund is a modern and rapidly growing town, and with its 45.000 inhabitants it is the natural commercial and industrial capital of the Sunnmøre region. The town has got a strong tradition in the maritime industry, and is considered the fisheries capital of Norway.
ABOUT AALESUND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
Aalesund University College (AAUC) is a university college with five faculties and more than 200 staff. We offer a wide range of study programmes in engineering, marine operations, biotechnology, business, and health.
More information can be found on the ECMS office website http://www.scs-europe.net/conf/ecms2013
We look forward to welcoming you in Aalesund!
Webjørn Rekdalsbakken Robin T. Bye Houxiang Zhang
Conference Chair Conference Co-Chair & Programme Chair Programme Co-Chair