eNTERFACE 2013 : 9th International Workshop on Multimodal Interfaces
Call For Papers
After the previous workshops, held in Mons (Belgium), Dubrovnik (Croatia), Istanbul (Turkey), Paris (France), Genova (Switzerland), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), Plzen (Czech Republic) and Metz (France) which had an impressive success record and had proven the viability and usefulness of this original workshop, the 9th edition will take place in the New University of Lisbon (Portugal). eNTERFACE workshops aim at establishing a tradition of collaborative, localized research and development work by gathering, in a single place, a team of senior project leaders in multimodal interfaces, researchers, and (undergraduate) students, to work on a pre-specified list of challenges, for 4 weeks. Participants are organized in teams, attached to specific projects, working on free software. Each week will typically consist of working sessions by the teams on their respective projects plus a tutorial given by an invited senior researcher and a presentation of the results achieved by each project group. The last week will be devoted to writing an article on the results obtained by the teams plus a big session where all the groups will present their achievements. Proceedings are expected to be published by Springer, IFIP AICT series (indexed in Web of Science).
The eNTERFACE'13 committee now invites researchers to submit project proposals that will be evaluated by the scientific committee. All the information asked to submit a project is available on the website of the workshop (http://eventos.fct.unl.pt/enterface13). The proposals should contain a full description of the project's objectives, required hardwares/softwares and relevant literatures. When submitting a project proposal, a list of potential candidates can be proposed by the authors. Although not exhaustive, the submitted projects can cover one or several of the topics listed below. A special focus of this year is on assistive, rehabilitation and educational technologies.
- Presence and telepresence
- Teleoperation and telerobotics
- Assistive and rehabilitation technologies
- Human-robot and human-environments interactions in smart environments
- Game and serious game applications
- Multimodal interfaces for collaborative systems
- Multimodal signal analysis and synthesis
- Signal-level and meaning-level data fusion
- Usability in ubiquitous computing
- Intuitive interfaces and personalized systems in real and virtual environments
- User, context and semantics aware self-learning and adapting systems
- Applications of multimodal interfaces
* January 12th, 2013: Reception of a 1 page Notification of Interest, with a summary of project goals, work-packages and deliverables;
* February 2nd, 2013: Reception of the complete project proposal in the format provided by the Author’s kit;
* February 17th, 2013: Notification of project acceptance; publication of the Call for Participation;
* April 1st, 2013: Closing of the Call for Participation;
* April 15th, 2013: Publication of teams;
* July 15th – August 9th, 2013: eNTERFACE’13 Workshop.
Website of the workshop: http://eventos.fct.unl.pt/enterface13
Proposals should be submitted in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The organizing committee of eNTERFACE'13 is looking forward for your submissions.