ComNet-IoT 2013 : Second International Workshop on Computing and Networking for Internet of Things
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Second International Workshop on Computing and Networking for Internet of Things (CoMNet-IoT 2013)
Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, January 3-6, 2013
in conjunction with ICDCN 2013
Internet of Things (IoT) has been considered as an innovative and imminent information infrastructure enabling to ubiquitously network
various machines, physical devices, and objects, denoted as things, for environment sensing, information sharing and collaboration in
intelligent and autonomous manner. IoT poses a number of new challenges and opportunities for computing, networking, data management
and analytics due to the large scale and complexity of such systems, and heterogeneity of the things and networks, constrained by limited
resources of the things and the network.
Encouraged by the great success of ComNet-IoT 2012 in conjunction with ICDCN 2012, the goal of CoMNet-IoT 2013 is to provide a
platform to exchange ideas, present results, share experience, stimulate new research, and foster collaborations among researchers,
professionals, and application developers on the various aspects of computing, networking, information and distributed systems technologies
for IoT, including back-end infrastructure such as the Cloud. Topics of interests include but are not limited to the following issues related
- System and network architectures, e.g., service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Middleware for heterogeneous sensors, devices and protocols
- Quality of service (QoS) provisioning
- Localization and tracking
- RFID and RFID based track and trace
- Wireless networking protocols, e.g., RFID collision avoidance, MAC, routing, etc.
- Energy harvesting and energy management
- Data management and analytics: data-stream, sharing, mining, semantic interoperability, etc.
- Back-end (cloud based) infrastructure
- Security issues: Data confidentiality, integrity, network resilience, etc.
- Novel application developments and case studies, e.g., smart grid, green building, healthcare, intelligent transportation/city, analytics driven
decision support systems, etc.
- Test-beds and field trials
The workshop papers will be published in ACM Digital Library. Submitted papers must be in ACM Proceedings format and should not exceed
6 pages including title, abstract, figures and references. The paper should not be previously published or currently under review elsewhere.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and selected based on their originality, merit, and relevance to the workshop. Selected papers with high
quality will be invited to submit an extended version to a Journal special issue.
Paper Submission: October 20, 2012 (Extended)
Paper Acceptance: November 10, 2012
Camera-Ready Due: December 1, 2012
Workshop: January 3-6, 2013
Sajal K. Das, The University of Texas at Arlington, USA
Wendong Xiao, University of Science and Technology Beijing, China
Anwitaman Datta, Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
|IOT 2013 The First IEEE ICCC International Workshop on Internet of Things|
|RFID&IoT-SoftCOM 2013 International Symposium on RFID Technologies & Internet of Things (SoftCOM 2013)|
|ruSMART 2013 The 6th conference on Internet of Things and Smart Spaces|
|FiCloud 2013 The International Workshop on the Future Internet of Things and Cloud|
|ACM TOIT-Social Computing 2013 Foundations of Social Computing in ACM Transactions on Internet Technology|
|WANC 2013 4th International Workshop on Advances in Networking and Computing|