MAW 2013 : International Symposium on Mining and Web
Call For Papers
======== MAW13 Call for Papers ========
The Sixth International Symposium on Mining and Web (MAW13)
Barcelona, Spain --- March 25-28, 2013
In conjunction with the 27th IEEE AINA Conference
As the Web has become a major source of information, techniques and methodologies to extract quality information is of paramount importance for many Web applications and users. Data mining and knowledge discovery play key roles in many of today’s prominent Web applications such as e-commerce and computer security.
Following the success of MAW08 in Okinawa Japan, MAW09 in Bradford UK, MAW10 in Perth Australia, MAW11 in Singapore, and MAW12 in Fukuoka, this symposium aims to bring together scientists, engineers, and practitioners to discuss, exchange ideas, and present their research on mining the Web. Topics of interest that MAW13 covers include general mining techniques and methodologies, as well as their application to the Web (but are not limited to):
* Text, Data, and Media Mining
* Natural Language Processing
* Information Retrieval and Knowledge Discovery
* Social Networks and On-Line Communities
* Information Categorisation, Clustering, and Fusion
* Web Search, Ranking and Optimisation
* Collaborative Filtering, Personalisation and Recommender Systems
* Semantic Web and Ontology
* Cyber Security, Privacy, and Trust
* e-Technology, e-Government, and e-Learning
* Wikis and Blogs Mining
* Web and Business Intelligence
* Web Evolution and Analytics
Submission Deadline: November 4, 2012 (23:59 PST)
Author Notification: November 25, 2012
Final Manuscript Due: December 28, 2012
Author Registration Deadline: January 11, 2013
Original full papers of at most 6 (six) pages including figures and references in PDF (Proceedings Style: two columns, single-spaced, 10 font) are solicited.
Submission of a paper should be regarded as a commitment that, if the paper is accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present at the conference.
Accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (CSP) and archived in the Digital Library. Extended version of selected papers will be considered for publication in international journals.