visum 2013 : Summer School::VISion Understanding and Machine intelligence
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
1st VISION UNDERSTANDING AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE SUMMER SCHOOL - APPLICATIONS IN BIOTECHNOLOGY
We invite everyone interested in computer vision to attend the 1st VISION UNDERSTANDING AND MACHINE INTELLIGENCE SUMMER SCHOOL - visum 2013.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2013
Decision: March 18, 2013
Early Registration: April 10, 2013
Late Registration: May 10, 2013
Summer School: July 5, 2013
INTENDED AUDIENCE AND TOPICS
The school will cover the most fundamental concepts of computer vision and their applications for the real world scenarios, seeking to bridge these two key domains. Our target audience is:
* MSc. and Ph.D. candidates;
* Post-Doctoral scholars and researchers;
* Academic and industrial professionals with (research) interests in computer vision;
* And, everyone who wants to have knowledge of topics avant-garde.
Features of visum summer school:
* An introductory lecture in image processing is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
* Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule in http://www.fe.up.pt/visum/programme);
* Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
* Professors are leading researchers in computer vision;
* Includes an industry session where industry speakers will promote junior researchers' awareness of computer vision topics for the real world scenarios;
* Includes a poster session where MSc. students and Ph.D. candidates can discuss their current research works, possibly leading to significant breakthroughs in the development of their theses;
* A lecture about possible applications in biotech will also be addressed.
LIST OF SPEAKERS
* Professor Jaime S. Cardoso, INESC TEC, Faculdade de Engenharia, Universidade Porto
* Professor Theo Gevers, Intelligent Systems Lab Amsterdam, Faculty of Science, University of Amsterdam
* Professor Krystian Mikolajczyk, Faculty of Engineering & Physical Sciences, University of Surrey
* Doctor Ferréol Soulez, Centre de Recherche Astrophysique de Lyon (CRAL), Université Claude Bernard - Lyon 1, Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, Université de Lyon
* Professor Matthias Harders, Computer Vision Laboratory, Department Information Technology and Electrical Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich)
* Doctor Juergen Sturm, Technical University of Munich
* Professor Miguel Coimbra, Instituto de Telecomunicações do Porto, Faculdade de Ciências, Universidade Porto
Critical Health, S.A. 
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://www.fe.up.pt/visum/
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com under the subject "[APPLICATION VISUM]" following the name of the applicant, with the following information:
* CV with only 2 pages describing the academic background, webpage, other information that you may consider important.
* Motivation letter.
* And a possible title and abstract of a poster.
Any further questions should be directed to:
We are looking forward to your participation!