SI ON GREEN NETWORKING & COMPUTING 2012 : SPECIAL ISSUE ON GREEN NETWORKING & COMPUTING
Call For Papers
The topic “Green networking” attracts growing attention due to economical, energetic and environmental reasons. The amount of power consumed by ICT which is rapidly increasing, as well as the energy bill of service providers contributes to the economical reasons. According to a number of studies, ICT alone is responsible for a percentage which varies from 2% to 10% of the world power consumption, due to the ever increasing diffusion of electronic devices. Communication networks, including the Internet and wireless networks, represent a non negligible part of the energy consumption of ICT. In addition, the carbon footprint of ICT devices due to energy consumption and the activities related to their entire lifecycle contribute to global warming.
OBJECTIVE OF THE SPECIAL ISSUE:
In the last few years, energy saving techniques are being considered for communication networks with new generation devices and network management approaches exploiting algorithms and protocols for adapting the network to the varying traffic load. The Special Issue on “Green Networking and Computing” aims to serve as a platform for researchers and visionaries from academia, research labs, and industry from all over the world working on the above concepts. Sharing ideas, views, results, and experiences in the field of green, wired and wireless networking is what “Green Networking and Computing” Special issue intends to be about. Anything from theoretical and experimental achievements, to innovative design and management approaches, prototyping efforts, and case studies is of interest.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
• Power consumption models of networking infrastructure
• Power measurements and data from empirical studies of communication networks
• Techniques for reducing power consumption in data centers
• Hardware and architectural support for reducing power consumption
• Energy efficient network management
• Green network design
• Applications of green networking technologies and principles
• Cross-layer optimizations for reducing energy consumption
• Optimization of energy consumption in optical networks
• Energy-efficient protocols and protocol extensions
• Energy-efficient transmission technologies
• Energy-efficient peer-to-peer networking and overlays
• Energy-efficient cloud computing
• Green wireless access networks
• Green wired access network
• Green future Internet
• Energy cost models for network operators
• Energy-efficient sensor networks
• Renewable energy sources for wired and wireless access networks
INFORMATION'S ABOUT SPECIAL ISSUE:
This Special Issue is organized in cooperation with the IEEE ComSoc Technical Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing (TSCGCC). In addition, Special Issue is organized in conjunction with:
• the 3rd Symposium on “Green Networking and Computing”, which will be held in the frame of the 20th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2012) in Split, Croatia, September 11-13, 2012.
• the International Workshop on Algorithms and Concepts for Networked Sensing Systems Powered by Energy Harvesters (EnHaNSS'12) which will be held in conjunction with the International Conference on Networked Sensing Systems (INSS'12) in Antwerp, Belgium, June 11-14, 2012.
Selected papers from these two conferences will be invited to submit their extended versions to the Special Issue.
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit papers for this special theme issue on “Green networking and computing” on or before September 30, 2012. All submissions must be original and may not be under review by another publication. INTERESTED AUTHORS SHOULD CONSULT THE JOURNAL’S GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSIONS at http://www.igi-global.com/Files/AuthorEditor/guidelinessubmission.pdf. All submitted papers will be reviewed on a double-blind, peer review basis. Papers must follow APA style for reference citations.
After registration on the on-line submission system, authors can submit their manuscript at the following web site: http://www.igi-global.com/authorseditors/titlesubmission/newproject.aspx
1. Journal: “International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking”;
2. Submission Type: “Special Issue Manuscript”
3. Select Special Issue: “Green Networking and Computing”.
Paper Submission: November 15, 2012
Notification: January 15, 2013
Final Submission: March 15, 2013
Tentative Publication date: 3rd Quarter 2013
All submissions should be directed to the attention of:
Josip Lorincz, Ph. D. (University of Split, FESB, Croatia)
E-mail: email@example.com, http://www.josip-lorincz.com
Guest associate editors:
Jinsong Wu, Ph. D. (Bell Laboratories, Shanghai, China)
Lingjia Liu, Ph. D. (University o Kansas, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, USA)
ABOUT INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF BUSINESS DATA COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING (IJBDCN):
The mission of the International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking (IJBDCN) is to disseminate practical and theoretical information, which will enable readers to understand, manage, use, and maintain business data communication networks more effectively. IJDBCN addresses key technology, management, and policy issues for utilizing data communications and networking in business and the current best practices for aligning this important technology with the strategic goals of the organization. This journal is an official publication of the Information Resources Management Association www.igi-global.com/IJBDCN. Journal is indexed in different databases including SCOPUS and Compendex:
Varadharajan Sridhar (Sasken Communication Technologies, India)
Debashis Saha (Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, India)
Published: Quarterly (both in Print and Electronic form)
The International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking is published by IGI Global (formerly Idea Group Inc.), publisher of the “Information Science Reference” (formerly Idea Group Reference), “Medical Information Science Reference”, “Business Science Reference”, and “Engineering Science Reference” imprints. For additional information regarding the publisher, please visit www.igi-global.com.
|CoNEXT 2013 Conference on emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies|
|CCS 2013 Communications and Computer Security Journal|
|SSEEGN 2013 22nd ITC Specialist Seminar on Energy Efficient and Green Networking|
|ICDM 2013 IEEE International Conference on Data Mining|
|CGC 2013 International Conference on Cloud and Green Computing|
|COM 2013 Communications Journal|