VCIP 2013 : IEEE Conference on Visual Communications and Image Processing
Conference Series : Visual Communications and Image Processing
Call For Papers
Since 1986, VCIP has served as a premier forum in SPIE for the exchange of fundamental research results and technological advances in the field of visual communications and image processing. The 2013 edition will be the third time that VCIP will be held under the auspices of the IEEE. VCIP 2013 shall inherit the tradition of previous conferences in providing fertile ground for leading engineers and scientists from around the world to escalate collaboratively the research frontiers within these and related areas. Original and unpublished work relevant to, but are not limited to, the following topics are hereby solicited:
➢ High Efficiency Video Coding
- Content- and context-adaptive coding techniques,
- Joint codec optimization w/ context information, Parallel-friendly coding algorithms,
- Perceptual coding and quality assessment,
- Non-traditional coding techniques,
- Representation and analysis of visual signals.
➢ Advanced Techniques for Emerging 3D Video
- Representation, analysis and coding of 3D scenes,
- Multi-view video processing and coding,
- 3D video and free viewpoint TV,
- 2D to 3D video conversion,
- Graphics representations and content creation.
➢ Visual Communications
- Video streaming and networking systems,
- Internet video and QoS issues,
- Video on demand and live video services,
- Wireless and broadband videos,
- Secure and robust video transmissions.
➢ Systems and Techniques for Human Interaction
- Mobile visual search,
- Futuristic human-machine interfaces,
- Multimodal recognition for mixed reality,
- Natural image to 2D/3D virtual translation,
- Display design for mixed reality,
- Virtually real and mixed reality applications,
- Biomedical imaging
➢ Embedded Systems and Architecture Implementations
- Concurrent algorithm/architecture optimization,
- Embedded software on DSP, ASIP, VLIW, multi-core CPU, GPU, etc,
- Architecture based design on VLSI, FPGA, reconfigurable architectures, SoC, etc.
➢ Cloud Multimedia Systems, Applications and Services
- Infrastructure for media storage/distribution & computing,
- Performance metrics for multimedia processing in clouds,
- Large-scale multimedia content processing and analysis,
- Complex semantic multimedia computing in clouds,
- Mobile applications and services over clouds.
Submission of Papers: Prospective authors are invited to submit a 6-page, full-length paper, including results, figures, and references. Only electronic submission through the conference website http://www.vcip2013.org will be accepted.
Tutorial and Special Session Proposals: Researchers, developers, and practitioners from related communities are invited to submit proposals for organizing tutorials and special sessions on various emerging topics described above. Tutorials will be held on 17 November, 2013. Proposals must include title, outline, contact and biography information of the presenter, and a short description of the material to be distributed. Special session proposals must provide title, rationale, contact and biography information of the organizers, and a list of invited papers with tentative title and abstract.
Papers accepted for regular, special, and demonstration sessions must be registered and presented to assure their inclusion in the IEEE Xplore. Awards will be given to a number of papers with best quality, and student travel grants will be provided to support for student speakers to attend the conference, subject to available funds. Please visit the conference web page for additional information regarding paper and proposal formatting instructions and submission details.
Submission of Papers for Regular and Special Sessions: 17 May 2013, 23:59:59 GMT(FINAL EXTENSION !!)
Acceptance Notification: 26 July, 2013
Submission of Camera Ready Papers: 16 August, 2013