DMC 2013 : Workshop on Data Management in the Cloud (DMC) 2013
Call For Papers
First Call for Papers
Second International Workshop on Data Management in the Cloud (DMC 2013)
Held in Conjunction with the IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering (ICDE)
April 8-12, 2013 - Brisbane, Australia
Cloud computing has emerged as a promising computing and business model.
By decoupling the management of the infrastructure (cloud providers) from its use (cloud tenants),
and by allowing the sharing of massive infrastructures, cloud computing delivers unprecedented
economical and scalability benefits for existing applications and enables many new scenarios.
This comes at the cost of increased complexity in managing a highly multi-tenant infrastructure and
limited visibility/access posing new questions on attribution, pricing, isolation, scalability, fault-tolerance,
load balancing, etc. This is particularly challenging for stateful, data-intensive applications.
This unique combination of opportunities and challenges attracted much attention from both academia and
industry. The DMC workshop aims at bringing researchers and practitioners in cloud computing and
data management systems together to discuss the research issues at the intersection of these two areas, and
also to draw more attention from the larger data management and systems research communities to this new
and highly promising field.
The DMC workshop calls for contributions that address fundamental research, system issues and industrial
experiences in cloud data management including, but not limited to, the following:
- Elasticity for could data management systems
- Resource and workload management in cloud databases
- Multi tenancy / isolation
- High availability and reliability in cloud databases
- Cloud computing infrastructures design for cloud data services
- Transactional models for cloud databases
- Virtualization and cloud databases
- Distributed and massively parallel query processing
- Analytics in the cloud
- Storage architectures and technologies for cloud databases
- Privacy and security in cloud data management
- Mobile cloud data management
- Cross-platform interoperability
- Service-level agreements
- Economic/business models and pricing policies
- Novel data-intensive/data-rich computing applications
* Paper submission deadline: Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 5:00pm Pacific Daylight Time (PDT)
* Author notification: December 5, 2012
* Camera-ready papers due: December 21, 2012
Authors are invited to submit original research contributions that are not currently under review or published elsewhere.
All submissions must be prepared in the IEEE camera-ready format (templates are available at http://www.icde2013.org/sub.html).
Papers should not exceed 6 pages in length for submission (two extra pages will be allowed for the camera ready).
All accepted papers will be published in the ICDE proceedings and will also become publicly available through IEEE Xplore.
All papers should be submitted in PDF format using the online submission system at:
* Ashraf Aboulnaga, University of Waterloo (email@example.com)
* Carlo Curino, Microsoft (firstname.lastname@example.org)