PMBS 2012 : 3rd International Workshop in Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computer Systems (PMBS12) held in conjunction with Supercomputing 12 (SC12)
Call For Papers
Call for Papers: 3rd International Workshop in Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computer Systems (PMBS12) held in conjunction with IEEE/ACM Supercomputing'12 (SC12) and ACM SIGMETRICS.
This workshop is concerned with the comparison of high-performance computing systems through performance modeling, benchmarking or through the use of tools such as simulators.
We are particularly interested in research which reports the ability to measure and make tradeoffs in software/hardware co-design to improve sustained application performance. We are also keen to capture the assessment of future systems, for example through work that ensures continued application scalability through peta- and exa-scale systems.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers, from industry and academia, concerned with the qualitative and quantitative evaluation and modeling of high-performance computing systems. Authors are invited to submit novel research in all areas of performance modeling, benchmarking and simulation, and we welcome research that brings together current theory and practice. We recognize that the coverage of the term 'performance' has broadened to include power consumption and reliability, and that performance modeling is practiced through analytical methods and approaches based on software tools and simulators.
We encourage submissions in the following areas:
- Performance modeling, analysis, and prediction of applications and high-performance computing systems
- Novel techniques and tools for performance evaluation and prediction
- Advanced simulation techniques and tools
- Micro-benchmarking, application benchmarking and tracing
- Performance-driven code optimization and scalability analysis
- Verification and validation of performance models
- Benchmarking and performance analysis of novel hardware
- Performance concerns in software/hardware co-design
- Tuning and auto-tuning of HPC applications and algorithms
- Benchmark suites
- Performance visualization
- Real-world case studies
Work which examines similar topics will also be considered.
Information on how to submit a paper including correct formatting, page length etc can be found at the workshop website (http://www.pmbsworkshop.org).
Important Workshop Dates:
- September 9th 2012 (23:59 PST) - Full Paper Submissions
- September 30th 2012 - Full Paper Notification of Acceptance
- October 10th 2012 (23:59 PST) - Late Breaking Research Submissions
- October 17th 2012 - Late Breaking Research Notification of Acceptance
- November 12th 2012 - PMBS12 Workshop
|IJMS 2013 International Journal of Modelling and Simulation|
|PMBS 2013 4th International Workshop on Performance Modeling, Benchmarking and Simulation of High Performance Computer Systems (PMBS13)|
|SI-CACOONS 2013 Springer CASM SI on Modeling and Simulation of Large-scale Communication Networks|
|HPCMS 2014 Special Session on High Performance Computing in Modelling and Simulation at PDP2014|
|HPCC 2013 15th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications|
|JOS SI on Sustainable Healthcare 2013 Journal of Simulation Special Issue on Simulation for Sustainable Healthcare|