HCI&KDD@AMT 2012 : Human-Computer Interaction & Knowledge Discovery @ Active Media Technology 2012
Call For Papers
HCI-KDD Special Session,
in Macau, December, 4-7, 2013, in the context of Active Media Technology AMT 2012:
A Special Event of the Alan Turing Year as part of World Intelligence Congress 2012 including five intelligent informatics related conferences: Active Media Technology 2012 (AMT'12), Brain Informatics 2012 (BI'12), Methodologies for Intelligent Systems 2012 (ISMIS'12), IEEE/WIC/ACM Web Intelligence 2012 (WI'12), and IEEE/WIC/ACM Intelligent Agent Technology 2012 (IAT'12).
We cordially invite you to submit a paper to our Special Session HCI-KDD
The final deadline for the ready-to-print Springer LNCS is Friday, September, 7, 2012
Please send your papers via e-Mail as pdf directly to email@example.com
so that we have reasonable time for handling the review process and provide you with relevant feedback as soon as possible!
Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings by Springer as a volume of the series of Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS).
A selected number of the best papers will be published in special issues, see conference page:
We are confronted with increased masses of data – across all domains (e.g in biomedicine and health care) – and especially on the Web and Social Media. Research in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Information Retrieval (IR), Knowledge Discovery in Databases and Data Mining (KDD), has long been working to develop methods that help end users to identify, extract, visualize and understand useful information from huge masses of high dimensional and often weakly structured and/or non-standardized data. Our goal is to combine those efforts to support professional end users to interactively analyse information properties and to visualize the most relevant parts without getting overwhelmed. Ideally we speak of HI-CI – Human intelligence (HI) “meets” Computational intelligence (CI) by making computational methodologies and approaches interactively accessible to the domain expert to solve complex problems in the real world.
The challenge is to enable effective human control over powerful machine algorithms and to integrate statistical methods and information visualization, so as to support human insight, breakthrough discoveries and innovations, and decision making – primary research objectives in the field of Human-Computer Interaction.
Some hot topics include:
* … Multimedia Data Mining & Knowledge Discovery from big data
* … Opinion Mining, Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Extraction (e.g. in the context of reputation management)
* … Swarm Intelligence (collective intelligence) and collaborative Knowledge Discovery/Data Mining/Decision Making
* … Intelligent, interactive multivariate Information Visualization and Visual Analytics
* … Multimedia Data Exploration and interactive Knowledge Visualization
* … Time-Oriented Data and Information (e.g. longitudinal data and complex noisy time series data)
* … Novel Search User Interaction Techniques
* … Future Interaction Techniques (Note: science fiction of today is science fact of tomorrow)
* … Modeling of Human Search Behavior and Understanding Human Information Needs
* … Methods and Methodologies (e.g. Support Vector Machines, Boltzmann machines, Entropy Modeling, …)
* … Text Mining , Web Mining and Intelligent Information Extraction.
Camera-ready of accepted papers: September, 7, 2012
Andreas Holzinger & Andreas Auinger
(Organizers Special Session HCI-KDD in the context of AMT 2012)
|SE 2013 Software Engineering Journal|
|KDD 2013 ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining|
|CCS 2013 Communications and Computer Security Journal|
|ECML-PKDD 2013 European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases|
|ICVWE 2013 ICVWE 2013 - 1st International Conference on Virtuals Worlds and Education|
|NordiCHI 2014 8th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction|