IESD Challenge 2012 : Intelligent Exploration of Semantic Data (IESD) Challenge (**EXTENDED DEADLINE**)
Call For Papers
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:
*Intelligent Exploration of Semantic Data (IESD) Challenge 2012*
Part of IESD International Workshop at EKAW 2012,Galway City,Ireland.
October 8/9 2012
- September 1st 2012: Submissions due
- Notification of acceptance: During the workshop
- October 8/9th, 2012 : IESD Challenge takes place at IESD Workshop 2012 to be held with EKAW 2012.
Application submissions are now invited for IESD Challenge 2012. The IESD Challenge aims to attract participations from the Semantic Web community particularly focusing on semantic data exploration. The Challenge is open to everyone from industry and academia.
The authors of the best application will be awarded a prize.
CHALLENGE APPLICATION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
We invite applications particularly focusing on semantic data exploration. The application should meet minimal requirements listed below:
1. The application provides an end-user interface, i.e. either to general Web users or to domain users.
2. The application is implemented using Semantic Web technologies (such as RDF, linked open data and other Semantic related technologies).
3. The application should support semantic data exploration by addressing the three key themes of IESD workshop: Human factors, computational models and application domains. See http://imash.leeds.ac.uk/event/topics.html for more details.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Step 1. Visit http://imash.leeds.ac.uk/event/challenge.html in order to participate and register for the IESD Challenge 2012 by submitting the required information (in step 2).
Step 2. Provide following information when submitting:
1. Abstract: no more than 200 words.
2. A short description with following details about the application:
a) What is the key novelty of the system?
b) Who are the likely users?
c) URL/Demo video of the system?
d) How does the application address the key themes of IESD Workshop 2012 (a link to workshop here); human factors, computational models and application domains?
e) Architecture/key components of the system.
Papers should not exceed 4 pages. All submissions must be written in English and must be formatted according to the information for LNCS authors.
Please submit your contributions electronically in PDF format at
In the easychair, when asked for category, please select "IESD Challenge".
Step 3. Present the application at the workshop (10 minutes) to address the evaluation criteria below.
The submitted application will be evaluated on how well it addresses the three key themes of IESD Workshop 2012 to help users explore semantic data with following features:
• Novel contributions to methods and techniques for semantic data exploration
• Scalable system architecture (in terms of the amount of data used and performance of the system components)
Domain and applications:
• Meet the needs of the problem domain
• Uptake and adaptability of the system on other domains
• Support people dealing with information overload
• Support people understanding complex/large-scale data through exploration
• Support learning/knowledge-discovery through exploration
• Support personalization/adaptation
JUDGING AND PRIZES
A jury consisting of experts from three workshop themes will be appointed to evaluate the best systems before the workshop. The jury will take into consideration of the descriptions submitted, the online demos, the presentation of the application at the workshop and the evaluation criteria specified above. During the workshop, attendees are encouraged to provide feedbacks to the jury after the presentation. The winner will be announced at the end of the workshop.
The winner of the IESD evaluation challenge will be awarded a prize sponsored by Dicode project(http://dicode-project.eu/).