SBSeg 2012 : XII Brazilian Symposium on Information and System Security
Call For Papers
SBSeg 2012 - XII Brazilian Symposium on Information and System Security
November 19-22, 2012 --- Curitiba PR, Brazil
CALL FOR PAPERS
Paper registration: June 24 (firm deadline)
Paper submission: July 01 (firm deadline)
Notification of acceptance: August 29
Final version due date: September 16
Event dates: November 19 to 22
The Brazilian Symposium on Information and System Security (SBSeg) is an annual scientific event, promoted by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC). It is the main Brazilian forum for the presentation and discussion of research and activities related to information and system security, bringing together academia, industry and other active parties in this area. The 12th edition of the symposium will be held in Curitiba, the city capital of Parana State, on November 19 to 22, 2012.
In the context of information and system security, scientific papers are welcome in one or more of the following topics. This is certainly a non-exhaustive list. Serious papers in related areas will also be considered.
- Access control, authentication and identity management
- Adaptive security
- Anonymity and privacy
- Attack and vulnerability prevention
- Biometric systems and techniques
- Cloud computing security
- Computational forensics and criminalistics
- Constrained hardware security: RFID tags, smart cards, wireless sensors
- Cryptographic algorithms and protocols
- Cryptographic hardware
- Database privacy and security
- Digital law
- Electronic voting
- Fault and intrusion tolerance
- Grid computing security
- Intellectual property protection and DRM
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Middleware security ((Java RMI, J2EE, CorbaSec, .Net, etc)
- Network security: superposition networks, virtual networks, wireless networks
- Security incident response
- Security in mobile and embedded systems
- Security in ubiquitous and pervasive computing
- Security of applications (Digital TV, E-banking, etc)
- Security of smart grids, smart meters and smart houses
- Security and privacy in social networks
- Security of web services, distributed systems and operating systems
- Security policies, standards and norms
- Smart card security
- Software security: development, tests and certification
- System audit and analysis
- Trust management and models
*INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS*
Submitted papers should describe relevant research, experiment reports and case studies. Submissions will be accepted solely through SBC's JEMS system (https://submissoes.sbc.org.br/home.cgi?c=1654). All submissions must be anonymous, that is, they should not reveal information in the header, body or references that could easily be used to infer the authors' identity.
Articles can be submitted in one of two categories:
1- Full papers - a full, or complete, paper should present research work developed to the point of producing original and relevant results, fully analyzed and validated. Moreover, the paper's presentation should contain a careful and well-based description of the research, as well as conclusions which are consistent with the obtained results.
2- Short papers - a short paper presents research results that, albeit original, are still in a preliminary stage of development. The objective of this category is to provide an opportunity for the presentation and discussion of good ideas, even if not fully developed or validated.
Authors should submit their work in only ONE of the two categories above. At the time of submission, authors should check whether the correct choice of category was made. Full and short papers will have different review criteria. Therefore, a paper's category cannot be altered after submission.
Articles can be submitted in Portuguese or English, only in PDF format. The text should be formatted using the SBC template available at www.sbc.org.br/en (http://www.sbc.org.br/en) (click on "Documents" at the CONTENT menu, then click on "Templates for Articles and Book Chapters"). Full papers have a limit of 14 pages, including figures, tables, references and appendix. Short papers have a limit of 7 pages.
Papers will undergo a double-blind review process by the Program Committee. Accepted papers (in any of the two categories) must be presented by one of the registered authors in order to be published in the Proceedings of the 12th SBSeg. Full and short papers will be published in different sections of the proceedings. The PC will also select the best among the accepted and presented full papers.
NOTE: Articles must have title, author(s), abstract and keywords registered by the June 24 deadline, 23:55h, Brasilia time. Once registered, papers can be submitted until the July 01 deadline, 23:55h, Brasilia time. Only articles registered by the June 24 deadline will be accepted for submission.
Aldri dos Santos, UFPR
Altair Santin, PUCPR
Carlos Maziero, UTFPR
*Program Committee Chairs
Michele Nogueira, UFPR
Ricardo Dahab, UNICAMP
*** An initiative of the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC): http://www.sbc.org.br