ICOCBA 2012 : International Conference on Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics
Call For Papers
The 45th Annual Convention of Operational Research Society of India (ORSI-2012) announces International Conference on Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics (ICOCBA 2012) to be held in Kolkata, India during December 20-22, 2012.
The theme “Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics” has been critically chosen in the background of globalized economy during the last couple of decades throwing great challenges and opportunities to the major players in every sector of our national economy. The significance of “Optimization” cannot be over emphasized in this background. “Computing” is the technique to facilitate the process of decision making with structured, unstructured and semi-structured information in improving quality, productivity and efficiency of every facet of our economy. While Business Analytics encompasses problems in functional areas, such as marketing, operations, strategy, finance as well as predictive modeling using statistical / heuristic approaches.
The Conference will be preceded by a one-day tutorial on December 19, 2012 – the title(s) of the tutorial(s) will be announced soon. Over and above, there will be special sessions of invited lectures by eminent experts from India and abroad on Operational Research enabled Optimization, Computing and Business Analytics.
We solicit original research work of theoretical / applied nature/ case studies in IEEE format and subject to a maximum length of six pages , which may be submitted directly in pdf format to email@example.com . The paper must mention the track (ie. Optimization, Computing or Business Analytics) under which it is to be considered during submission. Previously unpublished works related to PhD research works (continuing or completed in 2012) may also be submitted by the research students for consideration. Such submissions have to be made in accordance with the guidelines mentioned for regular papers – and additionally, these must be forwarded by the corresponding PhD supervisor.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to :
• Global and Local Optimization
• Optimal Resource Management
• Combinatorial Optimization
• Network Optimization Problems
• Optimal Resource Management
• E-business Process Optimization
• Heuristic Methods
• Multi-criteria Decision Making
• Discrete Optimization, Control Theory, Graphs and Networks
• Multi-criteria Decision Making, DEA and Performance Analysis
• Stochastic Programming
• Distributed computing
• Grid computing
• Cloud computing
• Computing in social networks
• Algorithmic game theory
• Randomized algorithms
• Approximation algorithms
• Computational intelligence
Business Analytics Track
• RFM Analysis, Conjoint Analysis
• Multidimensional Scaling and Competitor Analysis
• Predictive Modeling, Logistic Regression
• Principal Component Analysis and Linear Discriminant Analysis
• Factor Analysis, Structural Equation Modeling
• Forecasting Techniques
• Predictive Modeling in e-Business
• Supply Chain Management
Following awards are instituted by ORSI for best papers in different categories; details of which are as follows:
- Prof. BG Raghabendra memorial award for best student paper.
- Prof. BG Raghabendra memorial award for best application paper.
- Prof. MN Gopalan award for best PhD thesis on OR.
- Dr. NK Jaiswal memorial award for best theoretical paper.
Complete papers submitted within the deadline and presented at the conference would be considered for the awards.