ISM 2008 : IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia
Conference Series : International Symposium on Multimedia
Call For Papers
Call for Papers - IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM2008)
December 15-17, 2008
Berkeley, California, USA
Sponsored by the IEEE Computer Society
The IEEE International Symposium on Multimedia (ISM2008) is an international forum for researchers to exchange information regarding advances in the state of the art and practice of multimedia computing, as well as to identify the emerging research topics and define the future of multimedia computing. The technical program of ISM2008 will consist of invited talks, paper presentations, and panel discussions.
Submissions of high quality papers describing mature results or on-going work are invited. Topics for submission include but are not limited to:
* Multimedia systems, architecture, and applications
* Multimedia networking and QoS
* Peer-to-peer multimedia systems and streaming
* Pervasive and interactive multimedia systems including mobile systems, pervasive gaming, and digital TV
* Multimedia meta-modeling techniques and operating systems
* Architecture specification languages
* Software development using multimedia techniques
* Multimedia signal processing including audio, video, image processing, and coding
* Multimedia tools including authoring, analyzing, editing, and browsing
* Virtual Reality
* Multimedia and multimodal user interfaces and interaction models
* Multimedia file systems, databases, and retrieval
* Multimedia collaboration
* Rich media enabled E-commerce
* Computational intelligence including neural networks, fuzzy logic, and genetic algorithms
* Intelligent agents for multimedia content creation, distribution, and analysis
* Internet telephony and hypermedia technologies and systems
* Multimedia security including digital watermark and encryption
There will be a Best Paper Award and a Best Student Paper Award for the best submitted paper and the best submitted student paper. The award winners will be announced at the conference banquet.
The written and spoken language of ISM2008 is English. Authors should submit an 8-page technical paper manuscript in double-column IEEE format including authors' names and affiliations, and a short abstract electronically, following the submission guidelines available on the ISM2008 web page. Only electronic submission will be accepted. All papers should be in Adobe portable document format (PDF). The paper should have a cover page, which includes a 200-word abstract, a list of keywords, and author's phone number and e-mail address. The Conference Proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer Society Press. A number of the papers presented at the conference will be selected for possible publications in journals.
ISM2008 will include a few workshops and special tracks dedicated to focused interest areas. Submissions of proposals on workshops and special tracks of emerging areas are invited. Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com respectively. Papers from Workshops and Focused Tracks will be presented at ISM2008, and included in the Proceedings. Submissions of proposals on panels and demonstrations are also encouraged. Panel proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Demo proposals should be submitted to email@example.com. Panel summary articles may also be included in the conference proceedings.
Prospective authors are also invited to submit papers to the Industrial Program, which will be included in the proceedings. Please refer to the Industrial Program link for submission details.
April 1, 2008 - Submission of workshop proposals due
April 20, 2008 - Notification of acceptance of workshop proposals due
June 30, 2008 - Submission of papers and proposals on panels & special tracks due
July 15, 2008 - Notification of acceptance of special track proposals due
August 10, 2008 - Submission of demonstration proposals due
August 20, 2008 - Notification of acceptance of papers and demo Proposal due
September 19, 2008 - Camera-Ready copy of accepted papers due