IBERAMIA 2012 : 13th Ibero-American Conference on Artificial Intelligence
Conference Series : Ibero-American Conference on AI
Call For Papers
Let me kindly inform you that the 13th Ibero-American Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IBERAMIA 2012 - http://iberamia.org/iberamia2012), which will be held in the nice city of Cartagena de Indias, Colombia, 13-16 November 2012, is now welcoming the submission of papers whose deadline is scheduled for next May 20th, 2012.
IBERAMIA 2012 is a well established international conference, where the Ibero‐American AI community comes together to share research results and experiences with researchers in Artificial Intelligence from all over the world.
The conference is sponsored by the main Ibero‐American Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science societies.
IBERAMIA 2012 welcomes submissions on mainstream AI topics, as well as novel cross cutting work in related areas.
Topics may include but are not limited to the following:
• AI in Education
• Applications of AI
• Ambient intelligence
• Bio‐inspired computing
• Computational creativity
• Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition
• Constraint satisfaction
• Data Mining
• Emotional computing
• Evolutionary computing
• Game playing and interactive entertainment
• Human‐Computer Interaction
• Information extraction and integration
• Knowledge acquisition and ontologies
• Knowledge Engineering and Applications
• Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
• Machine Learning
• Modelling and Simulation
• Multi‐Agent Systems
• Natural Language Processing
• Neural networks
• Planning and Scheduling
• Probabilistic Reasoning
• Swarm intelligence
• Uncertainty and Fuzzy Systems
*** Paper submission details ***
As in previous years, accepted papers will be published in the series “Advances in Artificial Intelligence” of Springer‐Verlag Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence.
Papers must be written in English, and will be reviewed on the basis of their relevance, significance of the contribution, originality, technical soundness, quality and clarity.
Submitted papers must not exceed 10 pages, including all tables, figures, and references and are required to be formatted in the Springer LNCS format (see http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html).
Submissions over ten pages will be rejected without review. Papers must be submitted through the EasyChair Conference System at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iberamia2012. The conference is organized in several areas, so the authors should choose to submit the paper to the most appropriate area for their work.
All submissions will go through a peer review process, with three independent PC members reviewing each submission. Reviewing will be blind, so author names and affiliations must be omitted from the submission, using instead the unique tracking number assigned by the conference system at the time of submission. In addition, self‐references in the text, like “in [Garcia 2004], we prove that” should be avoided, using instead references such as “in [Garcia 2004] has been proved that”.
*** Special issues ***
After the conference, selected papers will be invited to publish extended versions in international peer-reviewed journals. Currently we have agreed with the following:
- Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments, published by IOS Press (JCR 2010: 1.500)
- Progress in Artificial Intelligence, published by Springer.
- Revista Iberoamericana de Inteligencia Artificial, published by the IberoAmerican Society of Artificial Intelligence (IBERAMIA).
- International Journal on Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence, published by Imai Technologies.
- International Journal of Natural Computing Research, published by IGI Global.
*** Important dates ***
Paper submission deadline : May 20th, 2012
Notification : July 2nd, 2012
Camera ready papers: July 9th, 2012