ICDSC 2008 : International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras
Conference Series : International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras
|Link: http://2008 4 21|
Call For Papers
After the successful first meeting in Vienna, the second ACM/IEEE International Conference on Distributed Smart Cameras will be held September 7-11, 2008 at Stanford University.
Distributed smart cameras combine techniques from computer vision, distributed processing, sensor networks, and embedded computing. Technological advances in the design of sensors and processors have facilitated the development of efficient embedded vision-based techniques. Design of scalable, network-based applications based on high-bandwidth data such as images requires a change of paradigm in the processing methodologies, thus creating opportunities for designing distributed and collaborative vision-based techniques. As a result, novel smart environment applications can be enabled that are interpretive, context aware, and user centric in nature.
The conference aims to provide an opportunity for researchers investigating the areas of smart camera architectures, algorithm design, embedded vision-based processing, and smart environments to exchange their most recent results. Offering insight into the potentials and challenges of distributed vision networks and an outlook of research opportunities ahead are also the objectives of the conference. Presentations accompanied by demonstrations and contributions based on industrial applications are also of interest.
The terms "distributed" and "smart cameras" emphasize the focus of the conference. Papers describing original research in the areas of multi-camera networks and distributed processing of visual data are solicited.
* Smart camera architectures
* Image sensing techniques for smart cameras
* Embedded vision programming
* Fusion of vision and other sensors
* Distributed vision processing algorithms
* Distributed appearance modeling
* Collaborative feature extraction, data and decision fusion
* Architectures and protocols for camera networks
* Wireless and mobile image sensor networks
* Position discovery and middle-ware applications
* Vision-based smart environments
* Surveillance and tracking applications
* Multi-view vision for Human-Computer Interfaces (HCI)
* 3D scene analysis
* Distributed multimedia and gaming applications
* Workshop proposal: March 10, 2008
* Technical paper registration: April 21, 2008
* Technical paper submission: April 28, 2008
* Tutorial proposal: April 28, 2008
* PhD forum abstract submission: May 8, 2008
* Notification of acceptance: June 6, 2008
* Camera-ready: June 23, 2008
* Conference: September 7-11, 2008
* Tutorials: September 7, 2008
* Workshops: September 11, 2008
ICDSC-08 will feature a number of invited talks by prominent researchers.
Half-day tutorials on the different aspects of distributed smart cameras will be offered on Sunday Sept. 7, 2008.
Half-day workshops on relevant topics will be included in the conference program on Thursday Sept. 11, 2008.
PhD students active in research in related topics to distributed smart cameras are encouraged to participate in the PhD Forum by submitting an abstract of their research topic and presenting their work at the PhD Forum.
The conference will feature a number of demonstrations by companies, research groups, and authors of accepted papers.
The conference proceedings will be published by the IEEE and will be available on IEEExplore.