FG 2012 : The 17th Conference on Formal Grammar
Conference Series : Formal Grammar
Call For Papers
The 17th Conference on Formal Grammar
Opole, Poland, August 11-12, 2012
Collocated with the European Summer School
in Logic, Language and Information
FG-2012 is the 17th conference on Formal Grammar, to be held in
conjunction with the European Summer School in Logic, Language and
Information, which takes place in 2012 in Opole, Poland.
Previous Formal Grammar meetings were held in Barcelona (1995), Prague
(1996), Aix-en-Provence (1997), Saarbruecken (1998), Utrecht (1999),
Helsinki (2001), Trento (2002), Vienna (2003), Nancy (2004), Edinburgh
(2005), Malaga (2006), Dublin (2007), Hamburg (2008), Bordeaux (2009),
Copenhagen (2010) and Ljubljana (2011).
Aims and Scope
FG provides a forum for the presentation of new and original research
on formal grammar, mathematical linguistics and the application of
formal and mathematical methods to the study of natural language.
Themes of interest include, but are not limited to,
* formal and computational phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics
* model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics;
* logical aspects of linguistic structure;
* constraint-based and resource-sensitive approaches to grammar;
* learnability of formal grammar;
* integration of stochastic and symbolic models of grammar;
* foundational, methodological and architectural issues in grammar and
* mathematical foundations of statistical approaches to linguistic analysis.
Previous conferences in this series have welcomed papers from a wide
variety of frameworks.
We invite **electronic** submissions of original, 16-page papers
(including references and possible technical appendices). Authors are
encouraged to use the Springer-Verlag LNCS style:
The submission deadline is **May 14 2012**. Papers must be submitted
Papers should report original work which was not presented in other
conferences. However, simultaneous submission is allowed, provided
that the authors indicate other conferences to which the work was
submitted in a footnote. Note that accepted papers can only be
presented in one of the venues.
Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three reviewers.
Accepted papers will be published as a volume in the Springer LNCS
series, under the FoLLI LNAI subline.
* May 14, 2012: Deadline for paper submission
* June 22, 2012: Notification of acceptance
* August 3, 2012: Camera ready copies due
* August 11-12, 2012: Conference dates
* Reinhard Muskens (Tilburg University, Netherlands)
* Larry Moss (Indiana University, USA)
* Markus Egg (Humboldt-Universitaet Berlin, Germany)
* Glyn Morrill (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain)
* Mark-Jan Nederhof (University of St Andrews, UK)
* Frank Richter (University of Tuebingen, Germany)