HDMS 2012 : 2012 The Hellenic Data Management Symposium
Call For Papers
Hellenic Data Management Symposium (HDMS 2012)
28-29 June 2012
Chania, Crete, Greece
Paper submission deadline: 11 April 2012, 5pm PDT
Submission site: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/hdms2012
The Hellenic Data Management Symposium (HDMS) is the annual forum for the Greek database community
to present and discuss recent?advances in the data management field. After a successful series of
ten events held since 2002, the 10th symposium will be held in Chania, Crete, from Thursday June 28th to Friday,
June 29th, 2012, right after the SSDBM conference also held in Chania.
The program of HDMS 2011 will include research paper presentations, tutorials, demos, panels, and invited talks.
The key criterion in judging submissions is that of technical content. As such, papers recently accepted for
presentation in top international conferences or journals may be also submitted to HDMS and considered
for inclusion in the unofficial HDMS proceedings.?
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):?
* Core database technologies (e.g. query processing and optimization,?database concurrency control, etc).
* Non-traditional data management architectures (e.g. data stream?management, computational clouds,
peer-to-peer systems, replica?management, etc).?
* Data management applications, (e.g. Web mashups, social networks, geographical information systems,
location-based services, scientific databases, sensor networks, crowd-sourcing etc).
* Models and languages for the management of data (e.g. XML, RDF, probabilistic databases,
meta-data management, multi-media, etc).?
* Techniques for high performance and scalability in the management of?data (e.g.
indexing, hardware accelerators, new hardware technologies, etc).
* Other aspects of modern information systems (e.g., security, privacy, user interfaces, energy use
The primary criterion for selecting submitted papers will be technical depth, with novelty being a
* Papers, demos, tutorials and panels submissions due: 11 April 2012
* Notification of acceptance: 20 May 2012
* Camera-ready due: 30 May 2012
* Symposium dates: 28-29 June 2012
Research papers must be submitted electronically in PDF. The submission site is located at
https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/HDMS2012. Novel papers should be formatted according to the official
ACM Proceedings format (available at: http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html) and should
not exceed twelve (12) pages. Papers already accepted for presentation in top international conferences
can be submitted to HDMS in their original format.
To help the Greek community form a consistent corpus of relevant terminology, all accepted papers must
be accompanied by (i) title, and (ii) abstract in GREEK. This information is not required for
submission; authors of accepted papers will be required to upload this information together with their
Proposals for tutorials, panels and research prototype demonstrations should either be in their original
format (if already accepted in major database conferences), or they should not exceed two (2) pages,
including the speakers, panelists, and the general concept of the proposal. Due to the short symposium
duration, we don?t expect more than one tutorial and one panel to be accepted for inclusion in the program.
General Chair: Minos Garofalakis, Technical University of Crete
Minos AT acm DOT org, http://www.softnet.tuc.gr/~minos
Program Chair: Vasilis Vassalos, Athens University of Economics and Business
vassalos AT aueb DOT gr, http://wim.aueb.gr/vassalos