IEEE SMC UbiCol 2012 : IEEE SMC12 Special session on Ubiquitous and Collaborative Computing
Call For Papers
IEEE SMC12 Special Session on Ubiquitous and Collaborative Computing
1. Introduction / Call for Papers
Ubiquitous and collaborative computing has become a fast growing filed and yet a number of research questions and technical challenges remain unexplored. Particularly, ubiquitous and collaborative computing poses unique challenges in relation to design, evaluation and application of such systems and associated technologies. This session aims to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to present the state of the art research, discuss latest developments and envision future directions.
Special sessions are part of the main conference. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings and included in the IEEE digital library Xplore.
2. Indicative Topics / Areas
Submissions concerning any aspect of ubiquitous and/or collaborative computing are welcome.
• User-centred design methods and practices
• Principles, models and frameworks
• Field trials, user experiences and case studies
• New devices, techniques and technologies such as mobile devices and augmented reality
• New interfaces and interaction methods
• Social, cultural, privacy and human factors aspects
• Prototypes, systems and applications in various domains such as health, smart homes, etc.
• Tools, algorithms, development systems and supporting environments
3. Important Dates
May 13, 2012 Deadline for submission of full-length papers
June 15, 2012 Acceptance/Rejection notification
July 31, 2012 Deadline for final camera-ready papers submission
July 31, 2012 Early paper registration deadline
Manuscripts for a Special Session should NOT be submitted in duplication to any other regular or special sessions and should be submitted to SMC 2012 main conference online submission system on SMC 2012 conference website.
All submitted papers of Special Sessions have to undergo the same review process (three completed reviews per paper). The technical reviewers for each Special Session paper will be members of the SMC 2012 Program Committee and qualified peer-reviewers to be nominated by the Special Session organizers
For more information about format and how to submit, please go to:
To submit, please
1) go to: https://www.openconf.org/smc2012/
2) click on the link: SMC 2012 Human-Machine Systems
3) click on the link: Make Submission
4) fill the form, make sure to tick the Topic Area item: SSH04:Ubiquitous and collaborative computing
5. Special Session Organizers
University of Macau
Weidong (Tony) Huang
CSIRO ICT Centre