GreeNet Symposium 2012 : 3rd Green Networking and Computing Symposium/SoftCOM 2012/IJBDCN Journal
Call For Papers
Third Symposium on “Green Networking and Computing” will be held in the frame of the 20th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2012) in an attractive ambience of the Croatian side of Adriatic coast in September 2012. Symposium is organized in cooperation with IEEE ComSoc Technical Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing (TSCGCC) and the International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking (IJBDCN).
The topic of Green networking attracts growing attention due to economical and environmental reasons. The amount of power consumed by ICT which is rapidly increasing, as well as the energy bill of service providers contributes to the economical reasons. According to a number of studies, ICT alone is responsible for a percentage which varies from 2% to 10% of the world power consumption, due to the ever increasing diffusion of electronic devices. Communication networks, including the Internet and wireless networks, represent a non negligible part of the energy consumption of ICT. In addition, the carbon footprint of ICT devices due to energy consumption and the activities related to their entire lifecycle contributes to global warming.
In the very last years, energy saving techniques are being considered for communication networks with new generation devices and network management approaches exploiting algorithms and protocols for adapting the network to the varying traffic load. The Symposium on Green Networking and Computing aims to serve as a platform for researchers and visionaries from academia, research labs, and industry from all over the world. Sharing ideas, views, results, and experiences in the field of green wired and wireless networking is what Green Networking and Computing Symposium intend to be about. Anything from theoretical and experimental achievements, to innovative design and management approaches, prototyping efforts, and case studies is of interest.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
* Power consumption models of networking infrastructure
* Power measurements and data from empirical studies of communication networks
* Techniques for reducing power consumption in data centers
* Hardware and architectural support for reducing power consumption
* Energy efficient network management
* Green network design
* Applications of green networking technologies and principles
* Cross-layer optimizations for reducing energy consumption
* Optimization of energy consumption in optical networks
* Energy-efficient protocols and protocol extensions
* Energy-efficient transmission technologies
* Energy-efficient peer-to-peer networking and overlays
* Energy-efficient cloud computing
* Green wireless access networks
* Green wired access network
* Green future Internet
* Energy cost models for network operators
* Energy-efficient sensor networks
* Renewable energy sources for wired and wireless access networks
Authors of all accepted Symposium papers will be invited to submit extended version of their manuscripts for possible publication in the Special issue on Green networking and computing of the International Journal of Business Data Communications and Networking - IJBDCN (indexed in Scopus). Accepted and presented papers will be published in the conference proceedings and indexed in the IEEE Xplore and Inspec.
Antonio Capone: firstname.lastname@example.org (Politecnico di Milano, DEI, Italy)
Josip Lorincz: email@example.com (University of Split, FESB, Croatia) - Symposium contact person