SeCIHD 2012 : 2nd IFIP International Workshop on Security and Cognitive Informatics for Homeland Defense
Call For Papers
2nd IFIP International Workshop on
Security and Cognitive Informatics for Homeland Defense
August 20-24, 2012, University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic
In conjunction with ARES 2012
Security subjects are becoming hugely important in the light of the development and deployment of new Homeland Defense solutions. Such solutions require the design of new computer systems and techniques allowing security procedures to be executed on many different planes, from system, communication and organization security to the security of the state and ensuring its defense capabilities. Advanced IT technologies based on intelligent algorithms that can analyze group behavior and interpret complex patterns or situations are increasingly frequently becoming the building blocks of the above solutions. In this context, it is worth noting research that combines security and defense aspects with achievements in designing advanced systems for the acquisition and sophisticated semantic analysis of complex image patterns and group behaviors. Such systems use cognitive models of semantic interpretation and can be applied to develop e.g. algorithms and protocols used for the security of computer systems themselves, but also to ensure the confidentiality and security of communication networks. They can also be employed to develop globally understood safe solutions connected with activities to strengthen national defense capability.
## Topics (included, but are not limited to)
- Homeland Security and Information Processing
- Personal Security and Biometric
- Intelligent Robots and Unmanned Vehicles
- Target and Pattern Recognition
- Sensor and Data Analysis
- Semantic Image and Data Processing
- Information Fusion
- Advanced Vision Algorithms
- Security in Ambient Intelligence
- Context- and Location-aware Computing
- Embedded systems in Security
- Knowledge-based Systems for Internet Security
- Security issues and protocols for Internet services
- Privacy and trust for Internet services
- Artificial Intelligence and Computational intelligence
- Cognitive informatics
- Cognitive models of the brain
- Mathematical foundations of computing and cryptography
- Biologically inspired information systems and secret data management
- Cognitive image and scene understanding
- Intelligent Health Technologies
## Important Dates
- Submission Deadline: April 15, 2012
- Author Notification: May 15, 2012
- Author Registration: June 1st, 2012
- Proceedings Version: June 1st, 2012
## Special Sessions
SeCIHD'12 will be with special sessions which include at least 4 presentations.
If you are interested, please send us a proposal to us until the middle of March, 2012.
**** General Chair
Ilsun You (Korean Bible University, Republic of Korea)
**** Program Co-Chairs
Aniello Castiglione (University of Salerno, Italy)
Kangbin Yim (Soonchunhyang University, Republic of Korea)
*** Publicity Chair
Sang-Woong Lee (Chosun University, Republic of Korea)
*** Program Committee
## Author Instruction
Authors are invited to submit original papers: they must not substantially duplicate work that any of the authors have published elsewhere or have submitted in parallel to any other conferences that have proceedings.
Submissions must be in English and conform to the "Springer LNCS Series" format.
Please use the LNCS templates and style files available from
for templates (MS Word or Latex only).
The proceedings of the workshop will be published by Springer LNCS.
Submissions must not exceed more than 16 pages, including tables and figures, and must be in PDF only. Submission of a paper implies that should the paper be accepted, at least one of the authors will register and present the paper at the workshop.
Each paper needs to be submitted to the workshop via the easychair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=secihd2012
## Proceedings & Special Issue
Proceedings of the workshop will be published by Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) with IFIP logo (indexed by EI). The proceedings will be available at the workshop. At least one author of an accepted paper must register at the ARES 2012 site and present the paper at the workshop.
## Previous Workshop
- SeCHID 2011 (in conjunction with ARES 2011), Vienna, Austria, August 2011
For further information regarding the workshop and paper submission,
please contact Prof. Ilsun You at email@example.com