ECDM 2012 : Sixth International Workshop On Evolution And Change In Data Management
Conference Series : Evolution and Change in Data Management
Call For Papers
SIXTH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
EVOLUTION AND CHANGE IN DATA MANAGEMENT
Florence, Italy, October 2012
to be held in conjunction with the 31st International
Conference on Conceptual Modelling, ER 2012
Change is a fundamental but sometimes neglected aspect of information and database systems. The management of evolution and change and the ability for database, information and knowledge-based systems to deal with change is an essential component in developing and maintaining truly useful systems that minimize service disruption and down time and maximize availability of data and applications. Many approaches to handling evolution and change have been proposed in various areas of data management and this forum seeks to bring together researchers and practitioners from both more established areas and those from emerging areas to look at this issue. The sixth ECDM workshop will deal with the manner in which change can be handled, and the semantics of evolving data, metadata and their structure in computer based systems.
An explicit aim of ECDM workshops it to bring together scientists and practitioners interested in evolution and change aspects in different research fields and, thus, often belonging to completely separate communities. Such an interaction could be tighter and cross-fertilization more useful in the context of a collaborative workshop than in the context of the ER main conference or of conferences with a narrower scope (e.g. dealing with temporal databases or with XML versioning or with ontology evolution)
WORKSHOP TOPICS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Semantics of Change in Time and Space
· Modelling and Management of Time-Varying Data, Temporal and Spatio-temporal Databases
· Handling Changes and Versioning of Semi-structured Data, Temporal XML
· Managing Information System Upgrades and Schema Changes
· Handling Changes of Metadata, Schema Evolution and Versioning
· Change Detection, Monitoring and Mining
· Mining Evolving, Temporal and Spatio-temporal Data
· Evolution and Change in Web Information Systems
· Evolution and Change in e-World Systems (e-Commerce, e-Government, e-Science, e-Health...)
· Induction of Cause and Effect, Logics for Evolution
· Maintenance of Views, Summaries, Dictionaries and Warehouses
· Managing Evolution of Sources in Information Integration
· Evolution and Versioning of Ontologies
· Time and Change in Semantic Web
PUBLICATION OF PROCEEDINGS
Proceedings of all ER 2012 workshops will be published as part of the Springer-Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (LNCS), as a single volume separate from the ER Conference proceedings. ECDM 2012 Proceedings will be available for all workshop participants. Springer-Verlag publishes a full-text electronic version of LNCS in parallel with the printed version, so the electronic source of accepted papers will be required (LaTeX 2e format is preferred).
FORMAT AND SUBMISSION OF PAPERS
Format of submissions will as for the other ER 2012 workshops (10 pages in LNCS standard format). Submissions should be by electronic mail to the address email@example.com in PostScript or PDF format by the due date. All correspondence with authors will be via e-mail so please ensure that your submission includes an e-mail address for the corresponding author. Paper format should follow Springer guidelines.
KEY DATES FOR ECDM 2012
· Monday April 23, 2012 - Submission of papers
· Monday May 21, 2012 - Notification of acceptance for presentation
· Monday June 11, 2012 - Submission of camera-ready copy.
Successful authors must refer to the instructions listed on the Springer Web site or to the Authors Instructions given for the main ER 2012 Conference.
· ECDM 2012 Home Page:
· ER 2012 Main Conference Home Page
(including accomodation and registration information):
· ER 2012 Workshops:
· Alessandro Artale, Free University of Bolzano-Bozen, Italy
· Ladjel Bellatreche, ENSMA, France
· Sourav Bhowmick, Nanyang Technical University, Singapore
· Carlo Combi, University of Verona, Italy
· Carlo Curino, MIT, USA
· Tudor Dumitras, CMU, USA
· Curtis Dyreson, Utah State University, USA
· Shashi Gadia, Iowa State University, USA
· Georg Krempl, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Germany
· Jorge Lloret, University of Zaragoza, Spain
· Federica Mandreoli, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
· Torben Bach Pedersen, Aalborg University, Denmark
· John Roddick, Flinders University, Australia
· Nandlal Sarda, IIT Bombay, India
· Paolo Terenziani, University of Turin, Italy
· Carlo Zaniolo, UCLA, USA
Fabio Grandi, University of Bologna, Italy
General enquiries should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This address can also be used to request a hard copy of the Call for Papers.
Alternatively fax your name and address to Fabio Grandi, ECDM 2012 Chair, on +39 051 209 3540.