ADBIS PHD Cons 2012 : ADBIS'2012 PhD Consortium
Call For Papers
at the 16th East-European Conference on Advances
in Databases and Information Systems
ADBIS'2012, Poznan, Poland, September 17-18, 2012
*** New deadline for submissions: June 10, 2012 ***
ADBIS Ph.D. Consortium is a forum for Ph.D. students to present their research ideas, confront them with the scientific community, receive feedback from senior mentors, socialize and tie cooperation bounds. Students will receive support and inspiration from their peers, and they will enjoy the the opportunity to discuss their research and career objectives with senior members of the community from outside their institution. Students will present and discuss their research directions in the context of an established international conference outside of their usual university environment.
The event will consist of four sessions with presentations and panel discussions. These sessions are scheduled in parallel with workshop sessions affiliated with the ADBIS conference on the 17th of September. Each participant will be granted 20 minutes to present her/his research. In addition, a poster session will be held during the first day of the main conference, on the 18th of September. Each participant of the Ph.D. Consortium can present her/his research during the poster session, thus increasing the exposition of the research and engaging in conversation with senior members of the research community.
We seek Ph.D. student participants who have either determined the direction of their thesis research (probably with some preliminary results already published), but who still have substantial work to complete, or Ph.D. student participants who are in the early stages of their dissertation year. Please note that it is not required to have a paper accepted for the main conference in order to participate in the Ph.D. Consortium.
To submit your application to the Ph.D. Consortium please prepare the following documents:
1. Research statement: summarize the problem, proposed plan, and progress to date. (*max 2 pages*)
2. Curriculum Vitae including the expected graduation date. (*max 1 page*)
3. Advisorâ€™s support: a short email from the thesis advisor stating support for the studentâ€™s participation in the Ph.D. Consortium, describing the current status of the thesis research, and giving the expected date of graduation.
Optionally, you may send the following documents:
4. One first-authored paper (this will appear in the proceedings)
5. Name of paper accepted to ADBIS 2012, if applicable
When submitting your proposal please put items 1,2,4,5 into a single pdf file, and email it as a single attachment to Mikolaj.Morzy@put.poznan.pl. Item 3 should be emailed to Mikolaj.Morzy@put.poznan.pl directly.
Selection will be based on the clarity of the submitted materials and the studentâ€™s stage of research. We will also take institutional representation into account in order to provide a truly diverse environment for research presentation and discussion. Applications not adhering to the provided guidelines (including page limits) will not be considered.
Presented papers will be published jointly with ADBIS' Workshop materials in a special issue of the Springer Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing series (http://www.springer.com/series/4240). In addition, extended versions of accepted papers will be invited to appear in the special issue of the Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences journal (http://fcds.cs.put.poznan.pl/fcds2/)
- **Submission deadline**: June 10, 2012
- **Notification**: June 17, 2012
- **Camera ready**: July 1, 2012
- **PhD Consortium**: September 17-18, 2012
- Ph.D. Consortium registration: 50 EUR (late registration 70 EUR)
- Ph.D. Consortium + main conference registration: 150 EUR (late registration 180 EUR)
- Mikolaj Morzy, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Alexandros Nanopoulos, University of Hildesheim, Germany
Requests for information should be e-mailed to Mikolaj.Morzy@put.poznan.pl or email@example.com.