RFID_SoftCOM 2012 : Symposium on RFID Technologies & Internet of Things (SoftCOM2012)
Call For Papers
The Symposium on “RFID Technologies & Internet of Things” in the frame of the 20th International Conference on Software, Telecommunications and Computer Networks (SoftCOM 2012), technically co-sponsored (pending) by the IEEE Communication Society (ComSoc), will be held in Split (Croatia), on 11-13 September, 2012.
The main goal of this symposium is to present and discuss recent advances in the area of the Internet of Things, where innovative wireless technologies like RFID, short-range wireless communications, real-time localization and sensor networks are becoming research topics more and more interesting for both academia and industry.
Furthermore, authors of selected best papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their manuscripts for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Communications Software and Systems (JCOMSS).
We cordially invite speakers who wish to present original papers on the following subjects, but not limited to these, associated with the following topics:
RFID Hardware component:
- Performance evaluation of tags and readers
- RF modeling and simulation of reader-tag systems
- RFID and sensors
- Near-Field Communication (NFC)
Wireless Sensor Networks:
- Active RFID
- Ultra Wide Band (UWB)
- Energy consumption minimization
- Monitoring and Localization systems
- Integration of heterogeneous WSNs
Middleware and Standard:
- EPCglobal network architecture
- Database integration
- Security & Privacy
- Integration with Internet protocols
RFID case studies, field trials, and industrial Applications:
- Manufacturing and Logistic
- Supply Chain
- Pharmaceutical and Healthcare
- Micropayments by NFC
- Animal Tracking systems
Electromagnetic aspects of RFID-based systems:
- Tag and reader antennas design
- Potential effects on molecular structures and human tissue
- Interferences with electronic devices
Submission of Manuscripts: Please follow the general submission requirements of SoftCOM2012 (http://www.fesb.hr/SoftCOM).