AIVDAC@IV 2012 : CfP for the Special Session on Visual Data Clustering at IV2012
Call For Papers
[Please distribute and accept our apologies for cross-posting.]
Call for Papers
special session on
Advances in Interactive and Visual Data Clustering
organized within the 16th International Conference Information
Visualisation 2012, which will be held on 10, 11, 12 and 13 July 2012,
LIRMM CNRS Univ. Montpellier II, Montpellier, France.
Visual and interactive approaches have been developed for data clustering since several decades now with the aim of improving the discovery of clusters in unlabelled data. With the new challenges that result from the accumulation of large and complex datasets, efficient visual data clustering requires the study and implementation of new and advanced methods. The aim of this symposium is to let researchers make a state of the art, discuss their ideas, present recent advances and results within the context of data clustering and visualizations or interactive methods.
The scope of the symposium will cover all aspects of visual and interactive data clustering. This includes many different issues like:
- How can the domain expert create clusters from an interactive visualization of large and/or complex data?
- How can standard clustering algorithms be combined and improved with visualizations and interactions?
- What methods may efficiently reorganize a visual structure in order to let clusters appear?
- What are the recent and successful applications of visual data clustering?
Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
Topics covered, but not limited to, include:
- Visualization of clusters: maps, dendrograms, trees, matrices, 1D/2D/3D/nD ...
- Clustering algorithm that produce visual results: Self-Organizing Maps, hierarchical agglomerative clustering, biomimetic algorithms, proximity graphs
- Cooperation between clustering and visualization algorithms
- Reorganization of visualizations, rearrangement clustering, matrix or tree reordering
- Interactive discovery of clusters, other interactions with clusters in visualization
- Visual analytics and data clustering
- Handling large and complex data: Bioinformatics, Social networks, attributes-values, sequences, trees, graphs
- Parallel implementation of visual clustering approaches
- User and case studies
- Hanene Azzag, University of Paris 13, France
- Mustapha Lebbah, University of Paris 13, France
- Gilles Venturini, University Francois Rabelais of Tours, France
21 March 2012 : Submission of papers
22 April 2012 : Notification of Reviewing Result
05 May 2012 : Submission of camera-ready – Instruction
5 July 2012 : Pre-Registration date
10- 13 July 2012 : Conference Days
Please follow the regular submission guidelines of IV 2012 for full paper or short paper at http://www.graphicslink.co.uk/IV2012/PAPERS.htm and submit your paper to the paper submission system. Select the correct special session and notify the organizers of your submission by sending an email.