CORIA 2008 : 5th Francophone Conference on Information Retrieval and Applications
Call For Papers
5th Francophone Conference on Information Retrieval and Applications - CORIA 2008
CORIA is the main forum for the Francophone community in information retrieval. It is widely open to the entire scientific community concerned with this domain.
The conference gives to the participants the opportunity to exchange new ideas and to present new theoretical and empirical results in IR and in related domains. IR has known unprecedented developments, particularly with the growth of web-related applications. Many new promising directions have recently emerged like web retrieval, Web2.0 applications, social networks, blog search, forums and community sites, large graph analysis, rumor detection, sentiment classification, etc.
The targeted audience for CORIA 2008 is that of junior and confirmed researchers conducting their research in the field of Information Retrieval or related fields, in France and in French-speaking countries such as North Africa countries, Switzerland, Belgium or Canada.
We are seeking the submission of research papers that have not been previously published or submitted. Submissions will be reviewed by experts on the basis of their originality, their methodology and the validity of results. Papers that explore new and original IR related directions are particularly welcome even if not the main stream of past IR research. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
* Theory and Formal Models for IR: Logic and Language Models, Probabilistic Models.
* Cross Language and Multi Language Retrieval, Translation.
* Multimedia Retrieval.
* Machine learning, Classification, Clustering, Ranking, Filtering, Spam Detection, Topic Detection.
* Natural Language Processing, Question Answering, Information Extraction, Summarization, Lexical Acquisition.
* Web IR, Large scale IR, Large Graphs Analysis, Citations and Link Analysis.
* Social Networks, Blog Search, Communities, Sentiment Classification, Rumor Detection, Adversial IR.
* Collaborative IR, Recommender Systems
* User interaction, User Modeling, Interfaces, Visualization.
* Knowledge Representation, Metadata, Ontology, Semantic Web, Knowledge Engineering.
* Electronic Libraries, specialized IR.
* Distributed IR, P2P.
* Evaluation and Test Collections
* Query Languages
* Submission deadline for abstracts: December 3, 2007 December 10, 2007
* Submission deadline for papers: December 10, 2007 December 15, 2007
* Answer to authors: January 30, 2008
* Camera ready papers: February 10, 2008
Submission site: http://www.easychair.org/CORIA-2008/