UsARE 2012 : International Workshop on Usability and Accessibility focused Requirements Engineering
Call For Papers
CALL FOR PAPERS
The First International Workshop on Usability and Accessibility focused Requirements Engineering (UsARE 2012) will be held in Zurich, Switzerland, June 04, 2012 in conjunction with the 34th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2012). UsARE 2012 will focus on Requirements Engineering (RE) and Human Computer Interaction (HCI) and will provide a platform for discussing issues which are relevant for both fields. Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit contributions including problem statements, technical solutions, experience reports, planned work and vision papers. The workshop will be dedicated to observations, concepts, approaches, frameworks and practice that allow understanding, facilitating, and increasing the awareness of the role of system usability and accessibility requirements and their proper integration in the requirement engineering process.
Topics of interest for paper submissions include, but are not limited to:
* Eliciting and negotiation of usability and accessibility requirements
* RE and usability/accessibility aspects in Software Development
* User-centered requirements engineering
* Usability and accessibility requirements management
* RE and Usability at run-time
* Methodologies, frameworks, concepts, and tool support
* Case studies and best practices
The workshop aims at achieving the following goals:
* Consolidate research and practices related to the system usability and accessibility requirements in the overall RE process as a research topic within the greater fields of RE, software engineering (SE), and human-computer interaction (HCI).
* Establishing a platform which will bring RE, SE and HCI people closer together, to discuss integrated approaches/methods enabling “usability and accessibility focused RE”.
* Grow the body of knowledge related to “usability and accessibility focused RE”, and identifying challenges and future avenues for research relevant for both academia and industry.
* Provide to requirements engineering, HCI experts, business analyst, and software engineers a dedicated forum for exchanging ideas and best practices and thus foster industry-academia collaboration.
We invite papers in two categories: research papers (technical solutions and empirical studies) and practice papers (experiences and problem statements). In both categories, it is possible to submit full papers (up to 7 pages) and short/position/vision papers (up to 4 pages).
Papers should be written in English and conform to the ICSE 2012 Format and Submission Guidelines[http://www.ifi.uzh.ch/icse2012/how-to-submit/] (keep care of the maximum pages limit). Submissions must be in PDF format. Papers should be submitted electronically via EasyChair [https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=usare2012].
All papers submitted to the workshop must be unpublished original work and must not have been submitted anywhere else for publication.
The selection of papers will be based on workshop relevance, academic rigor, innovation, industrial applicability, and quality of writing as well as the suitability to trigger discussions. The reviewing process will be open. Accepted papers will be published in the ICSE 2012 electronic proceedings collection.
At least one of the authors of each accepted paper is required to register for the workshop and present the paper at the workshop for the paper to be included in the ICSE 2012 electronic proceedings collection.
Submission deadline: Friday, February 17, 2012
Extended submission deadline: Friday, February 24, 2012
Notification of acceptance: Monday, March 19, 2012
Camera ready submission: Thursday, March 29, 2012
Workshop: Monday, June 04, 2012
Note that all submission deadlines are firm. All submission deadlines are 23:59:59 UTC/GMT - 11 hours (= Pago Pago, American Samoa time).
Tiziana Catarci, SAPIENZA Università di Roma, Italy
Anna Perini, Fondazione Bruno Kessler – IRST, Italy
Norbert Seyff, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Shah Rukh Humayoun, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany;
SAPIENZA Università di Roma, Italy
Nauman A. Qureshi, National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Pakistan;
Fondazione Bruno Kessler – IRST, Italy
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Achim Ebert, Technical University of Kaiserslautern, Germany
Pete Sawyer, Lancaster University, UK
Giuseppe Santucci, SAPIENZA Università di Roma, Italy
Giuliana Vitiello, University of Salerno, Italy
Barbara Paech, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Sotiriois Liaskos, York University, Canada
Stephen Kimani, JKUAT, Kenya
Yael Dubinsky, IBM Research – Haifa Lab, Israel
Silvia Gabrielli, Create-Net, Italy
Angelo Susi, FBK-IRST, Italy
Nelly Bancomo, INRIA – Paris, France
Ivan Jureta, University of Namur, Belgium
Luisa Mich, University of Trento, Italy
Saim Rasheed, COMSATS, Pakistan
Margherita Antona, Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas (FORTH), Greece
Massimo Zancanaro, FBK-IRST, Italy
Diana Yifan Xu, University of Central Lancashire, UK
… and workshop organizers