MISSI 2012 : 8th International Conference on Multimedia & Network Information Systems
Call For Papers
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the 8th International Conference on Multimedia & Network Information Systems – MISSI’12, organized by Institute of Informatics, Wrocław University of Technology in Poland.
The MISSI Conference is a biannual event that offers both the researchers and the practitioners a unique opportunity to exchange ideas, opinions and experiences. This is already the 8th edition of the Conference. The first Conference took place as early as in 1998 and gathered participants from Poland. Starting from the 4th edition the MISSI is an international event. The Conference is a meeting place for the research workers from the universities, museums, libraries and other cultural institutions as well as for the representatives of multimedia software companies. The distinctive features of the Conference are long, intense and sometimes fierce discussions during both formal and informal meetings.
The role of the MISSI Conference in the stimulation of new solutions in the field of multimedia and network information systems (IS) is not to be underestimated. The multimedia and network systems are especially important nowadays as the European Union has started to pay special attention to the protection and keeping record of the cultural heritage of the united Europe.
The scope of the Conference covers theoretical and practical aspects of multimedia and network information systems. In particular, the topics include (but are not limited) to the following subjects:
• Web Systems and Network Technologies: Web-oriented Architecture, Semantic Web, Ontology Management and Alignment, Web Usability and Accessibility, Web Traffic Optimization, Deep Web Processing, Web Mining, Internet Search Engines, Trust and Security Management, Machine Learning in Web–based Systems, System Integration, Cloud Computing, Mashup Systems, Topical Crawlers
• Multimedia Information Technology: Multimedia Databases, Multimedia Indexing and Retrieval, Multimedia Processing , Multimedia Sharing Systems, Multimedia Content Management Systems, Virtual Reality Technologies, Video on Demand, Network Games, Extended Reality, Session Mobility, Image Processing, Content-based Image Retrieval, Visual Retrieval Systems, Digital Video, Video Editing Software, Digital Sound Processing, Music Information Retrieval, Speech Recognition and Synthesis.
• Web 2.0 and Collaborative Systems: Rich Internet Applications, Social Web, Electronic Communication, Web Publishing, Recommender Systems, Application Sharing, Collaborative Project Management, Virtual Communities, Social Networks.
• Information System Applications: Business Intelligence, Enterprise Information Systems, Geographical Information Systems, Medical Information Systems, Mobile Information Systems, Nature–inspired Information Systems.
• Data Processing in Information Systems: Data Warehouses and Data Mining, Multi-agent Systems, AI in Information Systems, Computational Intelligence, Human Computer Interaction, Distributed Processing, Efficiency of Information Systems, Metadata in Information Systems, Data Quality.
• Digital Libraries: Distributed Repositories, Cultural Heritage Digitalization, Services Atomization, Virtual Museums, Usage Mining, Digital Library Semantics.
Papers and Publication:
Papers are invited from prospective authors with interests on the indicated conference topics and related areas of application. All contributions should be original and not published elsewhere or intended to be published during the review period of time. Papers should not exceed 10 pages. To ensure high quality, all submitted papers will be peer reviewed and evaluated by the MISSI’12 International Programme Committee. The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing series or as book chapters in an edited volume with ISBN and/or in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library proceedings. The conference proceedings will be available at the conference.
Extended versions of selected papers will be recommended for publication
in regular or special issues of the following international journals:
• Journal of Web Engineering,
• Systems Science,
• International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems (IJIIDS).
31 March 2012 Submission of papers
10 May 2012 Notification of acceptance
24 May 2012 Final papers to be received
19–21 September 2012 Conference
General Chair: Aleksander Zgrzywa, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
Organizing Chair: Elżbieta Kukla, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
Publicity Chair: Andrzej Siemiński, Wrocław, University of Technology, Poland
Invited sessions Chair: Kazimierz Choroś, Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland
Doctoral Track Chair: Marek Kopel, Wroclaw, University of Technology, Poland
The conference will take place in Wrocław which is located in the heart of Europe and is one of the most beautiful cities in Poland. Two conference excursions are planned: the first to Cracow (Kraków) - the ancient capital of Poland and the other one to Prague (Praha) - the capital of the Czech Republic. Both cities are about 280 km far from Wrocław. Additional registration for the excursions will be required.
Web site: http://www.MISSI.pwr.wroc.pl