miproBIS 2012 : International Conference on BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE SYSTEMS
Conference Series : Business Intelligence Systems
Call For Papers
The term Business intelligence (BI) refers to applications and technologies used to gather, provide access to, and analyze data and information about company operations in order to help them to have a more comprehensive knowledge of the factors affecting their business. BI systems usually lean on data warehouses (DWs) to guarantee an easy and quick access to information. The widespread deployment of these systems is making users more and more demanding in terms of applications, types of analysis and performances; on the other hand, years of research in the data warehousing field paved the way for new applications that goes beyond traditional OLAP analysis and concern real-time, spatiotemporal, unstructured as well as distributed data. Furthermore, BI research is now dealing with the integration of BI with Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Business Process Management (BPM).
Like the previous successful editions, miproBIS 2012 provides an international forum where both researchers and practitioners can share their findings and practical experiences in the field of BI. In particular, besides submissions in traditional DW and OLAP topics, we encourage papers concerning emerging research topics and applications in the DW, OLAP and BI area.
The SCOPE of the conference includes, but is not limited to:
- Data warehouse design and schema evolution
- Multidimensional modelling and queries
- Data warehousing consistency and quality
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Tools for data warehousing and OLAP
- Integration of data warehousing and data mining
- Metadata management
- Integration of Business Process Management (BPM) and Business Intelligence (BI)
- Forecasting and simulation in Business Intelligence
- Corporate Performance Management (CPM) and Business Intelligence
- Balanced scorecards
- Decision Support Systems
- Active/real-time data warehousing
- Data warehousing with unstructured and semi-structured data (e.g. XML)
- Data warehousing and industry applications (e.g. ERP, CRM)
- Data warehousing in mobile/wireless environments
- Biomedical data warehousing
- Cloud intelligence
- Sentiment analysis
- Analytics for stream and sensor data
- Analytics for temporal, spatial and spatiotemporal data
- Analytics for semantic Web
- Analytics for multimedia data
- Analytics for social networks
Published papers written in English will be included in the IEEE Xplore database and Scopus.
The selected papers will be proposed for publication in the Journal of Computing and Information Technology (CIT).
Full papers should be formatted according to the IEEE Transactions format. The paper length is limited to 6 pages of double column text using single spaced 10pt type size. Instructions for paper preparation can be found at http://www.mipro.hr .
Papers have to be submitted electronically in both MS Word and PDF format via the conference online submission system.
Authors are asked to declare whether their submitted paper is to be considered as an original scientific paper or a technical note. Original scientific papers are accepted only in English.
As an addition to the conference, presentations of BI products and respective vendors are welcome.
|IJRA 2013 International Journal of Robotics and Automation|
|IDEAS 2013 17th International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium|
|WCCI 2014 2014 IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence|
|IJDKP 2013 International Journal of Data Mining & Knowledge Management Process|
|IJPES 2013 International Journal of Power and Energy Systems|
|SWEBIS 2013 International Conference on Semantic Web and Information Systems|