WNM 2012 : The Third International Workshop on Wireless Networks and Multimedia (WNM-2012)
Call For Papers
**** Paper submission deadline extended to 30 March 2012, firm deadline ****
The Third International Workshop on Wireless Networks and Multimedia (WNM-2012)
* To be held in conjunction with The 14th IEEE HPCC-2012
* The accepted papers from this workshop will be included into the IEEE conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society, and will be indexed by EI.
* Distinguished selected high-quality papers from the workshop, after further significant extensions, will be recommended for submission and possible publication in the Special Issues of SCI-indexed international journals
* Paper Submission Deadline: Extended to 30 March 2012, firm deadline
The wireless communication technologies have evolved quickly over the past years. As the explosive growth in broadband wireless networks, multimedia applications will dominate the future wireless communication society, resulting in non-trivial problems in terms of available capacity, reliability, quality-of-service, delay, and throughput.
To successfully support wireless multimedia applications, it is necessary to improve the state-of-the-art techniques (such as radio resource management, mobility, handoff, and location management, etc.) in the multimedia transmission over wireless networks in order to provide quality-of-service guarantees between the end-users and achieve a high quality-of-experience for end-users.
This workshop will address the important problems and challenges caused by the transmission of multimedia applications over wireless networks. The workshop aims to bring together computer scientists and engineers in different disciplines to share and exchange their experience and ideas and discuss state-of-the-art and in-progress research on all aspects of wireless networks and multimedia applications.
The topics of particular interest include, but are not limited to:
• Ultra-Wideband Networks
• Wireless Ad Hoc and Mesh Networks
• Wireless Personal Area Networks
• Wireless Local Area Networks
• Wireless Sensor Networks
• Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks
• Cellular Networks
• Optical Wireless Access Networks
• Mobile Computing and Wireless Communications
• Multimedia Communications and Services
• Congestion and Admission Control
• Wireless MAC Protocols: Design and Analysis
• Quality of Service Provisioning
• Wireless Network Security and Privacy
• Cognitive Radio and Software Defined Radio
• Cross-Layer Design and Adaptation
• Radio Resource Management
• Mobility, Handoff and Location Management
• Performance Modeling and Evaluation
Paper Submission Deadline: Extended to 30 March 2012, firm deadline
Paper Acceptance Notification: 30 April, 2012
Final Manuscript Due: 12 May, 2012
Registration Due: 12 May, 2012
Conference Dates: 25-27 June, 2012
PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Prospective authors are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original unpublished research and recent developments in the topics related to the workshop. The length of the papers should not exceed 6 pages + 2 pages for overlength charges (IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style: two columns, single-spaced, 10-point font), including figures and references.
You can confirm the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page: URL: http://www.computer.org/portal/web/cscps/formatting
Papers should be submitted electronically in PDF format and sent as an e-mail attachment to Dr. Yulei Wu at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
All papers will be peer reviewed and the comments will be provided to the authors. Once accepted, the paper will be included into the IEEE conference proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press (indexed by EI).
Distinguished selected high-quality papers from the workshop, after further significant extensions, will be recommended for submission and possible publication in the Special Issues of SCI-indexed international journals
Yulei Wu, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
Ahmed Al-Dubai, Edinburgh Napier University, UK
Hatem Musbah Ibrahim, University of Bradford, UK
The Program Committee can be found at: http://wnm2012.csp.escience.cn