ICL-GNSS 2012 : International Conference on Localization and GNSS
Call For Papers
Driven by both market trends and legal regulations, there is a high demand for providing a robust localization solution, which will be available continuously, regardless the specific environment, i.e., outdoors and indoors, and on different platforms such as stand-alone navigators, PDAs and mobile devices.
ICL-GNSS addresses the latest research on wireless- and satellite-based positioning techniques to provide reliable and accurate position information with low latency. The emphasis is on the design of mass-market navigation receivers, related tools and methodologies. The scope includes (but is not strictly limited to) the following topics:
• Wireless and sensor based localization complementary to GNSS
• Location methods for indoor and densely populated urban areas
• Assisted and hybrid (INS, wireless networks, ...) positioning
• Signals-of-opportunity (Wi-Fi, cellular radio, ZigBee, Bluetooth, UWB, …)
• Design of cognitive positioning architectures and algorithms
• Cooperative and swarm location strategies
• GNSS for mass market receivers
• Navigation satellite systems: Status and evolution (GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, multi-carrier signals and advanced coding techniques for navigation, …)
• Antennas and RF front-ends for navigation receivers
• Baseband hardware and software implementations (tracking, acquisition, interference and multipath mitigation, ionospheric correction, ...)
• Data decoding and PVT computation algorithms
• Multi-system navigation receivers (communication-based and multi GNSS)
• Technology transfer from high-end to mass market navigation receivers
• Satellite navigation system and receiver simulators
• Performance evaluation and testing
• Evaluation and benchmarking of positioning receivers and algorithms
• Verification, run-time calibration and testing of positioning devices
• Test platforms for location-based services
This conference is jointly organized by European and American professionals. It aims at inspiring the development of new design, implementation, test and evaluation methodologies for positioning receivers. The conference is strongly emphasizing both quick turn-around time and high quality of the published papers. ICL-GNSS 2012 is technically co-sponsored by IEEE Communications Society.
We invite you to submit your original full papers on the most recent results and technology trends in the fields of positioning. The papers will be refereed by peer reviewers, and published in electronic proceedings and in the IEEE Xplore.
Submitted papers must represent original material that is not currently under review in any other conference or journal, and has not been previously published. Papers should be four to six pages long in the specified format. Papers can be submitted electronically through EDAS:
Papers should be submitted as pdf files prepared according to IEEE two-column A4 format guidelines.
A selected subset of papers will be invited to be extended to a special issue on "Positioning Receiver Technology" in International Journal on Embedded and Real-Time Communication Systems (IJERTCS). The best paper of the conference will be awarded.
For further information, please see
ICL-GNSS 2012 General Chair
Stephan Sand, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany
ICL-GNSS 2012 Program Co-Chairs
Elena-Simona Lohan, Tampere University of Technology, Finland; Armin Dammann, DLR, Germany; John Raquet, Air Force Institute of Technology, USA