MASAL 2012 : 2012 Michigan Academy of Science, Arts & Letters Conference
Call For Papers
MICHIGAN ACADEMY OF SCIENCE, ARTS & LETTERS
614 W. Superior, Alma College, Alma MI 48801
SECTIONS PLANNING PROGRAMS
Administration, Anthropology, Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, Botany & Plant Ecology, Chemistry, Computers, Communication, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Science & Ecology, French & Italian Language & Lit., Geography, Geological Sciences, Health & Human Services, History, History of Science & Technology, Interdisciplinary Studies, Language & Literature, Law, Library & Information Sciences, Medieval Studies, Microbiology, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Rhetoric & Composition, Religious Studies, Sociology, Spanish Language, Lit. & Culture, Women’s Studies, Zoology
The 2012 conference will be held on Friday, March 2 at Alma College in Alma, Michigan, 48801.
College faculty, nonprofit and for-profit researchers, governmental employees, librarians, graduate students, and advanced undergraduate (with faculty co-authors or mentors) are invited to submit a 200 word abstract of the paper you wish to present at the conference.
• Abstract submission deadline is 11/28/11.
• No more than two papers can be submitted by a solo author and each paper can be submitted to no more than two sections.
• Submit your abstract at our website: Go to themichiganacademy.org and select the “Submit your Abstract” box on the left toolbar
• Presentations are usually 15-20 minutes each, followed by discussion.
• Section chairs will review abstracts and notify authors of acceptance in January. Expectations for papers and presentations vary by section. Contact section chair with questions.
• Proposals for special panels are invited.
• Posters displaying graphical materials associated with research are welcome.
• Undergraduates may present faculty co-authored or sponsored papers. Faculty sponsors must become paid members of the Academy and, if possible, should pre-register and attend the conference.
Early rate (by 1/23/12); Regular rate (1/24 - 2/6/12)
After 2/6/12 must register and pay on site
Faculty Affiliated with a Member Institution*
(see list at bottom of page)
Early $125; Regular $145; On site $165
Early $140;Regular $165; On site $185
Retiree/Student with full membership*:
Early $110; Regular $130; On site $150
Student with free limited membership:
Early $75; Regular $95; On site $115
*These rates include required 2011-12 membership. Members receive to the Michigan Academician.
Abstracts of papers presented at the conference are published in an issue of the Academy's journal, the Michigan Academician. Full papers may be submitted to the journal at anytime. Note: papers don’t have to be presented at the conference to be considered for publication. Manuscripts can be submitted at http://www.editorialmanager.com/michacad/