DMHM 2012 : Third Workshop on Data Mining for Healthcare Management
Call For Papers
Third Workshop on Data Mining for Healthcare Management, held in conjunction with the 16th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, May 29th - Jun 1st, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Data Mining for Healthcare Management (DMHM) has been instrumental in detecting patterns of diagnosis, decisions and treatments in healthcare. Data mining has aided in several aspects of healthcare management including disease diagnosis, decision-making for treatments, medical fraud prevention and detection, fault detection of medical devices, healthcare quality improvement strategies and privacy. Data Mining for Healthcare Management (DMHM) is an emerging field where researchers from both academia and industry have recognized the potential of its impact on improved healthcare by discovering patterns and trends in large amounts of complex data generated by healthcare transactions. Data mining also helps to discover interesting business insights to help make business decisions that can influence cost efficiency and yet maintain a high quality of care. Healthcare management has received great deal of attention in recent times and application of data mining techniques to this field is gaining increasing popularity. This workshop will provide a common platform for discussion of challenging issues and potential techniques in this emergence field of data mining for health care management. It will also serve as a critical and essential forum for integrating various research challenges in this domain and promote collaboration among researchers from academia and industry to enhance the state-of-art and help define a clear path for future research in this emerging area. Data Mining for Healthcare Management (DMHM) workshop will facilitate collaboration among different disciplines including medicine, clinical studies, embedded systems, hardware and computer science.
DMHM 2012 encourages the following topics (but is not limited to) related to application of data mining techniques to healthcare:
* Theoretical foundations in Data Mining
* Data models for healthcare management
* Patient management
* Medical decision making
* Medical diagnosis
* Evidence based medicinal decisions
* Medical Insurance Fraud Detection
* Patient Flow Models in Hospitals
* Clinical data analysis
* Cloud-computing models and challenges for healthcare.
* Privacy and security in healthcare.
* Improving Quality of products and services
* Data collection and integration techniques
* Data cleaning and transformation
* Knowledge based medical recommendation models
* Information visualization of medical data.
* Enhancing quality of tools available to healthcare providers.
* Medical device fault detection and prevention.
* Reliability of medical devices.
* Pattern recognition in medical images and data.
* Paper Submission Deadline: January 30th, 2012 (extended from January 13th)
* Author Notification: February 10th, 2012
* Camera-Ready Deadline: February 24th, 2012
All papers must be submitted electronically using EasyChair Website (will be st up soon) for the workshop in PDF format only. Submitting a paper to the workshop means that if the paper is accepted, at least one author should attend the workshop to present the paper. Attendees are required to register at PAKDD 2012 website.
Workshop Organization Chairs:
* Prasanna Desikan, Sr. Research Scientist, Center for Healthcare Innovation, Allina Hospitals and Clinics, U.S.A.
* Kuo-Wei Hsu, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science, National Chengchi University, Taiwan
* Jaideep Srivastava, Professor, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Minnesota, U.S.A.
* Ee-Peng Lim, Professor, School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University, Singapore
For more information, please visit the workshop website at http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~desikan/pakdd2012/dmhm.html.