ADES 2012 : II. International Symposium on Asian Languages and Literatures
Call For Papers
FACULTY OF ARTS
II. International Symposium on Asian Languages and Literatures (ADES)
Teaching of Asian Languages in the 21st Century
3-4 May 2012
The II. International Symposium on Asian Languages and Literatures (ADES) with the theme of “Teaching of Asian Languages in the 21st Century” will be held on 3-4 May 2012 at Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey. The symposium will take place on the main campus of Erciyes University and will be hosted by the Faculty of Arts. It will cover the topics concerning the teaching of Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Urdu Languages as a foreign language.
In recent years there has been an increasing demand for and rapid development in the learning and teaching of Asian Languages as a foreign language all throughout the world. It has been acknowledged that Asian Languages are “of strategic economic importance” and thus they are now offered as a modern foreign language by a great number of schools and higher education institutions.
The aim of this symposium is to bring together scholars and teachers to exchange their views and experience with an opportunity to present and discuss results of their research on the recent key issues and problems of the teaching of Asian Languages, and the symposium will seek to explore the future directions in the teaching of Asian Languages in the 21st Century
This symposium invites papers and posters that investigate the teaching of Asian Languages in the following streams:
- Literature in Foreign Language Education
- The Interaction between Language and Culture
- The Use of Technology in the Teaching of Foreign Languages
- Foreign Language Teaching and Media
- Foreign Language Teaching and Ideology
- New Approaches to Methods for Foreign Language Teaching
- Interdisciplinary Studies in Foreign Language Education
- Translation in Foreign Language Teaching
- Beyond Language: Social and Cultural Factors in Foreign Language Teaching
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THE SYMPOSIUM AND PRESENTATIONS
• Applications will be done online through the symposium official website http://ades.erciyes.edu.tr
• Abstracts for paper and poster presentations can be submitted until 21 November 2011.
• Papers and posters should not have been previously published or presented at a conference or symposium.
• Notification of acceptance decisions will be communicated by 19 December 2011
• The paper presenters are kindly asked to restrict their presentations to 15 minutes followed by 5 minutes for discussion, Q&A led by the chair of the session.
• Presenters of papers and posters will receive acceptance letters, thereby facilitating sponsorship from employers.
• The participants who do not pay the registration fee ($ 100) by 16 January 2012 cannot present a paper at the symposium.
• For papers with multiple authors, each author must register separately and pay the registration fee, if he/she plans to attend the symposium. Authors with multiple papers must pay the registration fee for each paper.
• Presentations are to be given in either Turkish or English. There will be no translation for the presentations.
• All session rooms are equipped with computers and projectors.
• Selected papers will be published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing. The details concerning the publication rules and process will be announced in detail later.
• Transportation and hotel expenses will be provided by the participants.
• At the completion of the conference, attendees will receive their certificate of participation.
• It is essential that the participants inform the organizing committee that they will not be able to attend and present a paper at the symposium in advance, at least 10 days ahead of the symposium. Otherwise, registration fee will not be refunded.
• Details concerning the symposium procedure will be available on the symposium website:
Deadline for Abstract Submission: November 21, 2011
Notification of Acceptance of Papers: December 19, 2011
Deadline for Registration Fee Payment: January 16, 2012
Deadline for Final Paper Submission: March 1, 2012
Symposium Dates: May 3-4, 2012
Social Activity (Capodocia Turkish Night) May 5, 2012
For further enquiries, please contact Assist Prof. Dr. Ali Küçükler, Research Assistant Feyza Görez and Research Assistant Erdem Erinç at email@example.com
Address : Erciyes University Faculty of Arts, 38039 Kayseri / Turkey
Phone : +90 352 437 93 42
Fax : +90 352 437 93 43
Website : http://ades.erciyes.edu.tr