HPDC 2008 : International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing
Conference Series : High Performance Distributed Computing
Call For Papers
The Seventeenth IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC) will be a forum for presenting the latest research findings on the design and use of parallel and distributed systems for high end computing, collaboration, data analysis, and other innovative applications. Submissions are welcomed covering all aspects of high-performance distributed computing, Grids, and global computing ensembles. New scholarly research emphasizing empirical and reproducible results as well as investigative expositions of successful application and deployment efforts are particularly encouraged.
All papers will be rigorously reviewed by a distinguished international review committee, with a strong focus on the combination of rigorous scientific results and practical impact. In particular, research papers must clearly demonstrate research contribution and novelty; experience/applications/systems papers must clearly demonstrate impact and/or lessons learned and/or design choices. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* HPDC systems and applications
* Service oriented architectures for HPDC
* Data management and transport
* Virtualization for HPDC systems
* Software environments, programming frameworks and language/compiler support
* Grid middleware
* Resource management, scheduling and load-balancing
* Parallel and distributed algorithms
* Workflow management
* High performance I/O and file systems
* Performance modeling, simulation, and prediction
* Fault tolerance, reliability and availability for HPDC applications
* Software/hardware/architecture for high end communications and networking
* Security, configuration, policy, and management issues
* Operating system technologies for high performance computing
* Multimedia, teleimmersive, and collaborative applications
* Terabit networks systems and services
* Multicore algorithms and software implementations
Authors are invited to submit technical papers of at most 10 pages, not including figures or references. Papers that exceed this length will be rejected outright. These papers should be written to be self-contained and to provide the technical substance required for the program committee to evaluate the paper's contribution. All manuscripts will be reviewed and judged on correctness, originality, technical strength, significance, quality of presentation, and interest and relevance to the conference. Submitted papers may not have appeared in or be under consideration for another conference or a journal, nor may they be under review or submitted to another forum during the HPDC 2008 review process.
Papers should be submitted electronically (PDF or postscript) via the HPDC 2008 conference web site at http://www.hpdc.org, and should use IEEE 8 1/2 x 11 CS format. Appropriate style files can be found at:
Please note that, as with previous HPDC conferences, there will NO EXTENSIONS on the paper submission deadlines.
Accepted papers and posters will appear in proceedings published by IEEE Computer Society Press, which will be distributed at the conference.