KONVENS-ST/T/WS 2024 : Call for Shared Task, Workshop and Tutorial Proposals @ KONVENS 2024
Call For Papers
We cordially invite submissions of shared task, workshop and tutorial proposals as part of KONVENS 2024 (https://konvens-2024.univie.ac.at/), which takes place from September 9-13, 2024 at University of Vienna (Austria).
KONVENS (Konferenz zur Verarbeitung natürlicher Sprache/Conference on Natural Language Processing) is an annual conference series on computational linguistics (biennial until 2018) that started in 1992 and that is organized under the auspices of the German Society for Computational Linguistics and Language Technology, the Special Interest Group on Computational Linguistics of the German Linguistic Society, the Austrian Society for Artificial Intelligence and SwissText.
CALL FOR SHARED TASK PROPOSALS
Shared tasks need to be in line with the GermEval campaign that focuses on NLP for the German language. See https://germeval.github.io/ for an overview of previous GermEval tasks. Proposals for shared tasks should contain:
· a title and a brief description of the topic of the task and its potential impact on the NLP community and on society
· a description of the datasets that will be used in the shared task and their readiness
· a sketch of how the submitted systems will be evaluated
In addition, proposals need to contain the filled out GermEval Questionnaire https://gscl.org/germeval, which aims to help with identifying potential ethical issues.
Please submit your shared task proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 14, 2024. Notifications will be sent out by February 21, 2024.
While fixing the exact timeline for the shared task is up to the task organizers, we propose the following tentative schedule:
Trial data ready: March 14, 2024
Training data ready: April 14, 2024
Test data ready: May 18, 2024
Evaluation start: June 13, 2024
Evaluation end: June 25, 2024
Paper submission due: July 1, 2024
Camera ready due: July 20, 2024
KONVENS conference: September 9-13, 2024
CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Workshop proposals should contain:
· a title and a brief description of the workshop topic
· the desired workshop length (half-day or full-day)
· the names and email addresses of the organizers, with one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise
· a list of potential members of the program committee, with an indication of which members have already agreed to serve
Workshop proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com no later than February 14, 2024. Notifications will be sent out by February 21, 2024. Organizers of accepted proposals will be responsible for publicizing and running the workshop, including reviewing submissions and producing the camera-ready workshop proceedings. Organizers can opt to include their workshop proceedings as part of the KONVENS workshop proceedings which are intended for inclusion in the ACL Anthology.
CALL FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
Tutorials are intended to either provide a comprehensive introduction to core techniques/areas of interest or address advanced topics relevant for the KONVENS community. We invite half-day tutorials on established or emerging research topics in these areas but we also welcome tutorials from related research fields or applications. Tutorials may be explicitly introductory, targeting experienced researchers or attracting a wide audience by addressing basic as well as advanced topics. Tutorial proposals should contain:
· a title and abstract of the tutorial
· a brief description of the tutorial content and its relevance to the KONVENS community
· a brief outline of the tutorial structure showing that the tutorial’s core content can be covered in half a day
· the names and email addresses of the tutorial instructors, including one-paragraph statements of their research interests and areas of expertise
· a list of previous venues and approximate audience sizes, if the same or a similar tutorial has been given elsewhere
Tutorial proposals should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 14, 2024. Notifications will be sent out by February 21, 2024.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
the KONVENS-2024 organization team