ERSeGEL 2024 : Workshop on Extended Reality and Serious Games for Education and Learning
Call For Papers
The Workshop on Extended Reality and Serious Games for Education and Learning (ERSeGEL 2024) is organized within the CSEDU 2024 conference, 2 - 4 May, 2024 - Angers, France.
eXtended Reality, which includes Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality, is finding increasing use in both humanities and science education. Multimedia objects can increase interest, attention, engagement and promote learning in schools, academic and informal learning scenarios.
In particular, extended reality can help students to understand spatial concepts, processes, and phenomena that are difficult to replicate in the classroom. For both tangible and intangible cultural heritage, learning is often not linked to institutional education and takes the form of informal learning: in such cases, extended reality can foster intrinsic motivation and curiosity to make the experience a pleasant activity.
Finally, it can offer support to students with learning disorders and cognitive problems.
ERSeGEL welcomes papers on all these topics:
- Gamification Techniques
- Serious Games for Education
- Reinforcement Techniques Based on Rewards in Games
- Extended Reality to Support Students with Learning Disorders or Cognitive Disabilities
- Improvement of Attention and Concentration Through Extended Reality
- Improvement of spatial cognition and awareness through extended reality
- Effects of Spatial Presence on Learning
- Impact of the User Experience on Learning Outcomes
- Adoption and Testing of Extended Reality in School Education
- Extended Reality for the Enhancement of Tangible and Intangible Heritage
- Extended Reality to Enhance Museum Visits
- Extended Reality for Archaeology
- Case Studies
- Evaluation Techniques